Themes, Browsers and Questions.

Taper Ron

How do you view this site?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What Operating System(s) do you use?

• Windows 7
    • Windows XP
    • Vista
    • Mac
    • Other (please post reply)
  2. 2. What Browser(s) do you use

• Chrome
    • Internet Explorer 9
    • Internet Explorer 8
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • Other (please post)

I'm sure you have noticed the new Theme. I kind of got ahead of myself a little and started using it before I got all the kinks worked out. Nearly all of the problems are with internet explorer ( since the great and powerful MS doesn't comply with W3C Standards). I try things out with Firefox, Chrome, & IE9, Firefox works best! I don't know about Safari

This will be the basic default theme, I will change decorations (Logo, icons etc) for holidays, but the background colors will not change for the most part. I plan to do a dark theme for those who prefer that, but I want to finish this one first.

So anyway, I got to wondering what ya'all used and what you do and don't like. Besides, I wanted to see how the poll feature worked and how it looked in this version.

that first one is a little above my pay grade. i tried to answer firefox for the second one but got rejected. even those fill in the circle ones i used to fail in high school let me turn them in with only 1-2 the questions answered! i will tell you that recently (when you changed something i guess) the posts started running off the right side of the screen - if that makes any sense?

• Forum MVP

Shoutbox posts are displayed for me but the box to enter one is surpressed for some reason. Tried it with Firefox and IE 6 and 7 - no luck. Even trying open the soutbox in another window doesn't work. Weird.

Other than that, the theme looks great to me!

All Hail TR!

i use IE 7 at home; it's pretty outdated and needs upgrade. Every time I log on to Paypal or open Winamp I am informed of such. I'm pretty sure it's why I have trouble with USstreams, and the background on this site is dark, making it difficult to read posts. At work, Firefox works great as Ron stated. Good work Ron. Thanks so much!

ps Thanks for fixing my double post as well.

I will tell you that recently (when you changed something i guess) the posts started running off the right side of the screen - if that makes any sense?

It doesn't take much to cause things to not work, a missed parenthesis or quotation mark can be catastrophic and sometimes hard to find! I have installed a test board on another site so I won't be hacking code here anymore.

@ Tea for Texas: Shoutbox should work for you now! Anybody else having trouble with it?

@ Dancin: I changed the background color (and may change it again), you may need to refresh pages. I, also, need to change some more colors and graphics.

MS says IE 10 will be HTML5/CSS3 compliant, they are testing it now and supposed to be released in 2012 - but will not entirely meet standards 'til approx 2022. I like Firefox and Chrome about the same, FF really keeps up with standards and is always making improvements.

Archived