Dark Star - Springfield, OH - Monday July 8th

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

Let me know when you decide on the maybe.  We should coordinate.  

Will surely be @ the park with my hippie chick.

Going to Chitown a couple of days before for Cubbies...Teacher...Mason and DSO is on my radar 

• Forum MVP

I am not going to DSO in Chicago or the Cubs game.....  change of plans...

I always do a camping/canoe trip with my brother in law and his kids ..... as well as other friends/family ...... the bigger the group then we take the big rafts down .....

a good 15 mile trip down river with a case of beer is a equation for a soothing time ... followed by a cook out and camp fire ..

as of today the day we are doing that trip is Sunday July 7th ..... at Mohican State Park (outside of Loudonville, Ohio) .....

and then I will drive down to Springfield on the 8th ....

anybody is more than welcome to join ...... the river we go down is nice, safe, and unless a dry dry summer always has a nice water level at most waist deep depth ...

• Forum MVP

If you come to Chicago, I can do the family trip with you.

would like to do Chicago but not in the cards...... to many things working against me on that one ....

we plan on being in the river by 1pm on Sunday ... 4 hour trip .... then to the campsite ...

• Forum MVP

Im considering making a solo trip up from far west KY.  I assume that there is no camping at this park correct?  I usually dont like driving after DSO shows :)

• Forum MVP

Im considering making a solo trip up from far west KY.  I assume that there is no camping at this park correct?  I usually dont like driving after DSO shows :)

Correct .... no camping..... you may want to book a cheap hotel somewhere along I-70

it is a beautiful park ... huge stage ..... grass mini amphitheater... show will end right at 11pm ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

TeacherMatt proves genius again.  Springfield knocks it out the park.

Now if we can only get the city of Springfield to put on a 2 day free show run .... oh goodness .... shame on me for getting greedy thoughts ...

and yes - this is my favorite venue ....

• Forum MVP

TeacherMatt proves genius again.  Springfield knocks it out the park.

Now if we can only get the city of Springfield to put on a 2 day free show run .... oh goodness .... shame on me for getting greedy thoughts ...

and yes - this is my favorite venue ....

I Second That Emotion

• Forum MVP

I wouldn't say my favorite.  The ballroom and the capitol come to mind in doors.  Penn's Peak too.  I really like Mishawaka.  Red Rocks is pretty great.  I wasn't impressed by the sound but the Gorge was something else.

Archived