Portlandia #2

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

07/15/84 (Sun)  Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA Set 1: Dancing In The Streets > Bird Song, Minglewood Blues, Cumberland Blues, My Brother Esau, Ramble On Rose, Hell In A Bucket

Set 2: Why Don't We Do It In The Road > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider > Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > Don't Need Love > Drums > China Doll > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away, E: Brokedown Palace, Johnny B. Goode

2 84 shows....not what I would have picked but with this band you never know what they are going to do with it...I bet they killed it.

• Forum MVP

7/13 is the bad ass show of that three pack. Scarlet touch fire and a dark star encore. Everyone slowly starts bugging out when they realize what's going on. It's like they can't believe their ears. I believe that is a Friday the 13th show as well.

I actually have that show on an old cassette. 

• Forum MVP

As I said earlier, the band was playing top notch start to finish...such amazing STAMINA this band has---tail end of tour and every single song was clearly given 110%.

Eaton was at top game throughout...he absolutely owned Esau in first set and completely killed throwing stones in 2nd...

Jeff did wonders with Ramble on Rose which I have to say was the finest I have EVER experienced with that tune.

It was a high octane rock and roll show, so the China Doll and Brokedown really helped smooth it all out.

Only hard thing was having no Lisa (except for fillers where she rocked it) for both Portland shows, but I hope she is right in there for Seattle tonight

More serious juju from Dino and Rob during drums---damn those dudes work hard back there!

Love all the elder energy at the Oregon shows,,,very sweet. I was lucky to meet an absolutely lovely gal whose first show was '66 and she is still here doing it---inspiration for us all.

Can only wonder what will go down tonight in Seattle,, :)

Archived