Seattle 4/20

FunkyBass13

• Forum MVP

Holy Cow. So much to process. Will poste review later. Best I can recall, it went a little something like this:

Set I: Rainy Day Women, Bertha>Good Lovin, Candyman, Blow Away, Passenger(great ending), ........( Gets a little foggy at this point , so plaease help with the blanks, but there was definitely) Row Jimmy, Cassidy, Sitting on Top of the World

Then it got real interesting

Set II: Stranger, Foolish, Women are Smarter, (I think there was something here), Dark Star, D/S, D Star jam(never finished)>Terrapin>Other One>Dew

E: Weight

Set II was an absolute beast. These guys absolutely killed it last night. Will post a better review later.

• Forum MVP

Still foggy too, but first set had no row jimmy, but had Jack a Roe in that slot and then closed first with Golden Road after sittin on top

2nd: All over Now was in there somewhere,,,

The fog has clearly not lifted yet

Crowded first set but found plenty of space for the tripadelic 2nd set...

This one needs to be listened to in order to understand what went down...there will be videos from Greyhead coming

• Forum MVP

Yes, yes on the Jack instead of Jimmy. My bad. Definitely had the All Over Now in the 2nd, either right before or right after the Women. So much fun. Dead center on the rail the whole night. It got so smokey in there, they had to open the roof vents!!!! The Dark Star was so perfect and the Dew.......good Lord the Dew!!! Jeff absolutely killed it. And special thanks to Kevin for shaking my entire chest the whole night.

not cigarettes :)

so the state of Washington still allows cigarette smoking indoors ?.....

if yes .... that is no fun ....

Rainy Day Woman #12 x #35
Bertha-->Good Lovin'
Candyman
Passanger
Blow Away
Jackaroe
It's All Over Now
Siiting On Top Of The World
Cassidy
Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion
------------------------------------------
Feel Like A Stranger
Foolish Heart-->
Man Smart, Women Smarter
DARK STAR-->
Space-->
DRUMS-->
Space-->
TERAPPIN-->
Drum Intro-->
THE OTHER ONE-->
MORNING DEW
The Weight

• Forum MVP

not cigarettes :)

so the state of Washington still allows cigarette smoking indoors ?.....

if yes .... that is no fun ....

Rainy Day Woman #12 x #35

Bertha-->Good Lovin'

Candyman

Passanger

Blow Away

Jackaroe

It's All Over Now

Siiting On Top Of The World

Cassidy

Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion

------------------------------------------

Feel Like A Stranger

Foolish Heart-->

Man Smart, Women Smarter

DARK STAR-->

Space-->

DRUMS-->

Space-->

TERAPPIN-->

Drum Intro-->

THE OTHER ONE-->

MORNING DEW

The Weight

That seems about right. And no, Matt, it wasn't cigarette smoke. Security gave up trying to keep order about 4-5 songs in. Even out in front it was a free for all. That was definitely a first.

SIttin on Top was sooooo sweet. Yes, need the recordings.

• Forum MVP

Eeeeekkkkk!

Sublime stuff for sure! They keep upping their game tour by tour. Can't friggin wait for the Jubilee :)

Here's to Red Rox in Aug of 2014! They could do it....no foolin

• Forum MVP

Thanks Dew for getting this set list straightened out...only thing I would add is that they def slipped back into dark star out of space before the transition into Terrapin...and I mean "slipped" , or perhaps "snuck" is the better word for how delicately they journeyed from space back into dark star jam (obviously not that far to travel when they are that far out there already!)

Also, I still believe It's All Over Now was second set after Women but keeping track of which was way was up wasn't always easy

I agree with Funkybass about the work Kevin did this night...I would say it was his strongest night of the last 4 and he definitely had some strong moments the previous nights...also fun to hear him sing a verse in Rainy Day Women at opener as well as the Weight at end...he just felt loose, relaxed, and grooving in this show in between some nice chunky bass bombs that he dropped.

Hello all,

'It's all over now' was definitely in Set One.

We were along front rail under the right side speakers with friendly folks from Lake Washington and Vancouver Island.

A great start to the evening, when Lisa and Rob had a laughing fit during Rainy Day Woman. Performing on 4/20 is very special.

Thanks Dew for getting this set list straightened out...only thing I would add is that they def slipped back into dark star out of space before the transition into Terrapin...and I mean "slipped" , or perhaps "snuck" is the better word for how delicately they journeyed from space back into dark star jam (obviously not that far to travel when they are that far out there already!)

Also, I still believe It's All Over Now was second set after Women but keeping track of which was way was up wasn't always easy

I agree with Funkybass about the work Kevin did this night...I would say it was his strongest night of the last 4 and he definitely had some strong moments the previous nights...also fun to hear him sing a verse in Rainy Day Women at opener as well as the Weight at end...he just felt loose, relaxed, and grooving in this show in between some nice chunky bass bombs that he dropped.

Hi Islandbro,

If that was you who gave me the list of upcoming shows that I just found in my jacket pocket, please let me know and I'll be happy to come on down to the Fairview Pub this Friday night.

s

• Forum MVP

That wasn't me, stellarbrews, but sounds like fun.

For me Jack-a-Roe was a real highlight of first set which I wouldn't have expected...had a funky kick to it on this night...also Sittin on Top and Golden Road were highlights and of course Candyman which I have been craving to hear for quite some time. I would also note the jam out of Cassidy went to some VERY unusual places for that song.

First set was full of songs I enjoy but I honestly found the set as a whole to come across a bit choppy....

But then there was 2nd set which had ideal flow and clearly blew everyone's mind. Despite the 4/20 and the new law, etc,,,the Seattle crowd is always a bit more stiff in terms of dancing compared to the scene in Oregon, where the crowd is ready to cut loose on the dance floor right out of the gate. I felt it was mid-way through 2nd set before the crowd as a whole was limbered up and moving more freely. Dark Star and beyond was just what the doctor ordered and was probably the trippiest musical territory of these last 4 shows. Really sweet to end with The Weight. Was thankful to have Lisa's energy up there all night and maybe somebody else knows who it was that sat in for Dino mid 2nd set for a while...

Had an absolute ball hitting the last 4 shows, all of which had a LOT to offer...this spring fling has become such an important part of my year and I look forward to it for months...I feel tuned up after starting the run a little ragged coming out of a stressful few weeks leading into it but was already feeling straightened out by the end of the night back in Eugene...thanks so much to the band and crew and everyone else for what you bring to this to keep it alive and well

:)

• Band Member

The drummer that sat in for Dino during Terrapin was Ahmer Nizam.  He is one of DSO's original drummers.  He played in the Billy slot from Show #1 until June 99.  Then Dino came on board and he moved to the Mickey slot for one tour until I came on board.  He lives in the Seattle area now.  Great drummer and even greater guy.  Always a pleasure when he joins us.

• Forum MVP

That wasn't me, stellarbrews, but sounds like fun.

For me Jack-a-Roe was a real highlight of first set which I wouldn't have expected...had a funky kick to it on this night...also Sittin on Top and Golden Road were highlights and of course Candyman which I have been craving to hear for quite some time. I would also note the jam out of Cassidy went to some VERY unusual places for that song.

First set was full of songs I enjoy but I honestly found the set as a whole to come across a bit choppy....

But then there was 2nd set which had ideal flow and clearly blew everyone's mind. Despite the 4/20 and the new law, etc,,,the Seattle crowd is always a bit more stiff in terms of dancing compared to the scene in Oregon, where the crowd is ready to cut loose on the dance floor right out of the gate. I felt it was mid-way through 2nd set before the crowd as a whole was limbered up and moving more freely. Dark Star and beyond was just what the doctor ordered and was probably the trippiest musical territory of these last 4 shows. Really sweet to end with The Weight. Was thankful to have Lisa's energy up there all night and maybe somebody else knows who it was that sat in for Dino mid 2nd set for a while...

:)

Couldn't agree more about your take. Only thing I felt was that during the first set, they were kind of playing around and feeling each other out. I remember another band that, coincidently, played pretty much the same batch of songs and did that all the time. After the fun they seemed to have with each other( like Rob E and Rob B debating how "big" of a Cassidy they were going to play), I should have known what we were in for after the break. Lisa and Eaton were laughing and smiling to each other all night.

Also for me, there were a couple of spots in both Stranger and Foolish where they were going sooooo crazy up there, I was getting looks. Apparently, I was loving it. Jeff seems to really have that ability to come up with some perfectly funky riffs to take the jam up yet another notch.

First time for my wife to see Jeff and while she was a little concerned before the show, "I would love to see the same guy twice"(she doesn't see them too often, obviously), I believe that her comment as soon as the lights came up was "Holy shit!!!! That guy is fucking awesome!" pretty much sums it up right there.

Archived