Jam in the Sand 2014 - Who's IN?

Herdygerdy

• Forum MVP

Its illegal for m/m sex but legal for f/f sex in Jamaica.....hmmmm   I can understand that, as prejudice as that sounds, but I don't agree with it.  The African community, as you will find in most predominately black communities do not agree with homosexuality.  There is a reason why they call it on the "down low" in Atlanta.  So, it does exist, its just really frowned upon in most if not all black/African communities. 

So what!!!   I am not going to Jamaica to support the economy, I am going to rejoice in the beautiful music!!!   Not sure if many of you have experienced this, but as a short hair, non hippy looking type of guy, I have experienced a lot of "hippy" prejudice from day one!!!  Blow it off, and forgive the ignorance of others, but most of all, don't let other's ignorance get in your way of happiness!!!   DSO is pure happiness!!!!!!

Tameling, I would be the first to stand up for you in any situation if it involved prejudice against your lifestyle.   When I dance, I bump into both men and women, and if any of those bumps excited either sex......good!!!!!!!    We are human and we love, who cares who and what we love!!!   No one at JITS is going to care what you are into, as long as its kind:}!!!!   

I am very positive that Jamaican authorities would arrest me for the things I do alone to myself at night:}!!!!  But the resorts in Jamaica are not Jamaica. 

They are American/European owned resorts that cater to our culture.  Fuck it, flaunt it if you care, just don't feel you would be left out of the fun.   Dicks or chicks, what ever your pleasure, we are all going for one reason only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  outside in warm air:}!!!!

Not sure what sex you are, but no matter, love is love, and it transcends into positive energy.  You will find, most of us feed off of positive energy!!!    It saddens me you would give up heaven, because you think it dwells in a place of hell:{    Been to many countries, some very strict, but it never stopped me from sneaking some fun in, and having a blast:}!! 

And as far as Human Rights are concerned.  U.S. has State sponsored murder.  In Virginia, when you get put to death by the state, your death certificate states your cause of death was murder:{  State and government sanctioned.   Every culture has their flaws....don't let the flaws of the State or individuals impede on your road to happiness!!!!!!!---just don't let your actions infringe on the freedoms of others!!!!

Wish you the best, and I really do hope you can find happiness where ever your travel!!!    

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

WooHoo!!! I just got a rush of enjoyment, excitement, anticipation for this event. Been e-mailing my rep and getting ducks in the row. I can't wait.

I'm so jealous of all u guys. U will have such an epic time!!!

A recording would be awesome of these shows, would love to hear last year's again.  Last year Rob said there would be no recordings in NUGS and probably will be the same this year.  Just keep in mind : there's a lot of sand and salt and can be windy......    So excited, we'll be driving to JFK in 2 weeks to take off in AM.  Hopefully these storms relax a bit then!!!!

I'll probably bring a set of Nak 300's or Busman BSC-1's and expecting gusting winds (hopefully not much rain). I'll make sure I bring the Shure A81WS wind screens.  I've never taped on a beach before. This is going to be stellar!

• Forum MVP

Been working like a slave.   My knees are spent already.  Keep me on the boardwalk, or whatever hard surface!!!

Can not wait to get out of the Cold, R&S!!!!

Jamaica will be a hit no matter what.  Warm air!!!!     The daffadils are starting to push however, so no worries, spring lifts are in the near future!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Goofy...I consider myself very cultured...thank you:}!!    Big....no.........everything is relative, and so I hope the relavtive nature of party and good tunes is presented in the isle of Jamaica!!!   

Yes, today is 60's, and the bulbs are pushing flowers!!    So is the place we live, and belive me, even though I am warm costal, I am not happy with flat ugly places.  My heart is in the mountains.  I prefer the Wasatch, but I will take the Rockies....MT/CO...at the moment for obvious reasons, CO seems more congruent!!   

Oh well--bla bla bla----Jamaica is starting to itch!!!  Getting ready, got my passport yesterday!!!  FedEx don't belive in PRes day:}!!!!   Forgot it expired, and so expedited worked out well.  And cheap with out worry, so Yea!!!!!   

QUESTIONS!!  IMPORTANT ONES!!!

1.  Are there free drinks 24 hours a day?

2.  Do you have to pay for drinks stocked in your room?

3.  Do restraunts open early enough so I am not eating 2 hours before show starts?

4.  Is the liquor good liquor, or am I drinking headache country?

5.  Does the band start on time?

6.  is there plenty of room and places for late night gatherings. other than the rooms.

I know, leave some to the imagination, but I have a moment, and was just curious.

Sunscreen...don't think I can bring it on plane?   Is it super expensive there, or just walk around naked and fry like a jumping crab?  I kid!!

Seee yall soon!!!!  and I do get more goofy as the time passes!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

1. Last year the bars did close for a few hours each night. I think they will try to have at least one 24 hr spot this year.

2. You don't pay for the drinks in your room but if you want them restocked at odd hours or promptly I would expect to part with some dinero.

3. You will be able to eat more than 2 hours before show time.

4. Liquor would be middle shelf and below. Not headache liquor but not the best either.

5. Expect DSO to be fairly punctual weather permitting.

6. Hot tubs, coves, and hang outs all over. We won't need to hang in the rooms.

Buy some of those 3 oz. travel bottles for sunscreen, may be the deciding factor of a great time or burning time (especially the feet).  Sunscreen at the resort is very $$.  Can't wait to get out of this cold and too many feet of snow!!!!   Seriously praying that there are NO STORMS in NYC next Thurs. AM. 

Buy some of those 3 oz. travel bottles for sunscreen, may be the deciding factor of a great time or burning time (especially the feet).  Sunscreen at the resort is very $$.  Can't wait to get out of this cold and too many feet of snow!!!!   Seriously praying that there are NO STORMS in NYC next Thurs. AM. 

Wow this is great advice and something I wouldn't have thought of. This last time I was on a plane I was like 5, so I would have showed up with a big bottle of sunscreen and had to leave it probably. Thank youuu!

I'm praying for the same thing in Philadelphia!

Is there a group outing out of the resort into a Jamaican town or anything? I would like to buy a few trinkets for people back home, and think they might have cooler stuff there than in the resort gift shop.

if so, what about money? would I need cash to buy from locals? Do I change my money before I go, or somewhere in Jamaica?

Ahhhh. 

1 week, 2 days, and an aeroplane ride!

• Forum MVP

Uhhh guys. It's only the 3 oz rule if u carry it on the plane. Put whatever u want in your luggage lol. There is only that rule for your carry-on

If you go see DSO in Jamaica and take more than a duffle bag carry on you might have to have your hippie card checked..... Uhhhh, toothbrush, 5 tshirts, 5 shorts, 10 underwear, flip flops, ball cap, ready to roll.

• Forum MVP

Jamaica is always partly cloudy. Plus knowing u freaks u won't be laying out in the sun at 10 am. U will be crashed out still. Well sunny may be the exception. He will see sunrise, sunset, midday sun, and all times in between.....for 4 days. He will sleep on the plane ride back.

• Forum MVP

Uhhh guys. It's only the 3 oz rule if u carry it on the plane. Put whatever u want in your luggage lol. There is only that rule for your carry-on

If you go see DSO in Jamaica and take more than a duffle bag carry on you might have to have your hippie card checked..... Uhhhh, toothbrush, 5 tshirts, 5 shorts, 10 underwear, flip flops, ball cap, ready to roll.

If they take 10 underwear they will def need their hippie card checked. All u need is 1 batching suit. 3 pairs of shorts. 5 tees. Underwear is for noobs. I will miss the nude hot tub with Rick and sunny though. :/

• Forum MVP

I aint going nude in hot tub.  That screams nasty!!!   And when you dance like I do, you need support for the dangles!!!   My nipples get rubbed raw as it is---would hate to come home with short burns in other places:}!!!!

Hanging out nude with lamb chops might sound appealing......but not really.  Something about food and public hair turns me off, but hey I will follow the pack.   It seems a cool pack is going, so what ever.   I typically do more than romans when in rome:}!!!!!

I just know I got 8 more days till I dance my ass off.  Wife already in pissed off mode.  Oh well.  I will come back nice and tan and dazed for days:}!!!!

looking forward to no sleep carribean air, and all the alcohol I can absorb!!!

Oh yea, I hear there is a good band playing too!!  Will have to check them out:}!!!!!!

Only 8 Days Left!!!!

Every morning I wake up like a little kid waiting for Christmas!!    This is my Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the sand:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Carry on only for me.   Going minimalist.  But I need underwear and sunscreen!!!!

Bringing my Setson Cowboy hat!!   You all may laugh, but I have wanted to dance to some songs wearing my Stetson!!!   Stagger lee is on I can say I will go balastic on, but there are many!!!

Life is running ups and downs at the moment.   My best friend, my mentor, and the best person I know that walks this earth feel down last night, and is no longer with us:{     Leaving town immediately just to come back for a day, and get on a plane to Jamaica.    Not sure how this is going to fuck with my head, but for warn, anyone seeing me taking time to cry by myself during some songs...just let it bee!!! 

I know I overpost on personal issues.........but to loose someone so important in your life is tough.   First time I heard e lpaso.....my Gramps played it for me!!!!

Archived