Mumford and Sons

Alabama Getaway

• Forum MVP

Didnt even mean it as a slight. Ive paid good money to see these gentlemen twice and wasn't disappointed. Simply saying music I normally listen to isn't played on the radio. Maybe should have said "popular music" but then again didn't think everyone was going to jump all over it like i called them limp biscuit or the gangum style guy. Haha. Enjoy the show people

• Forum MVP

Rock and Roll!

Clean-cut English Folksters Mumford & Sons Thrown Out of Atlanta Strip Bar

Despite conquering both sides of the Atlantic with their wholesome folky charm, Mumford & Sons have revealed their bad boy side after reportedly getting kicked out of an American strip club.

On Tuesday night the band visited Atlanta’s oldest strip club, Clermont Lounge, while in between tour dates, and were allegedly thrown out for misbehaving.

But Marcus Mumford, Ted Dwayne, 'Country' Winston Marshall and Ben Lovett didn’t get up to the kind of boozy antics you might expect of four twenty-something men in a nightclub filled with scantily clad women.

One of the club’s most staunchly imposed rules (after no touching) is no filming.

The boys were seemingly thrown out for their love of music, as they allegedly refused to stop filming drummer Lovett on their phones as he took to the stage to perform karaoke.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/cleancut-english-folksters-mumford--sons-thrown-out-of-atlanta-strip-bar-8812030.html

• Forum MVP

WOW-----What a update.  I have been kicked out of many places in my youth, and just recently Atlantic City, but they were for all much more subversive actions.   These blokes must of been like WTF.........  Reading from above they are English.  Spend time in the UK, and u know the reserve all go out on a piss, and video taping a drummer aint nothing like going on a piss!!

I tell you one thing for certain, these boys throw one hell of a party.  Was at the Troy GOTR Stopover and it was awesome.  Took over all of downtown, the river and the whole highschool sports area.  Two stages in town with a shiteload of great music all weekend, mostly acoustic, mostly bluegrass.  Rumpke Mountain Boys Thursday night was sweet, though too short.  RMB are seriously great trashgrass! Jeff Austin, Floodwood, and a shitload more.  The main stage featured some great music and the Mumfords do "bring it".  Not the twenty minute jams we all love, but great tunes and beyond great vocals.  Wild how they transcend stereotypes and bring kickass music to the masses and discerning hippies as well.  One of my favorite performances was Justin Townes Earl, great set, highly recommended.  Best of the stopover was Edward Sharpe-- see this band -- they fuckin' rock!  Trrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiippppppppppyyyyyyyy!  Would love to see these guys at the Jubilee.

Archived