Nokia Night 1

ststeven123

Grateful Dead Live at Hampton Coliseum on 1989-10-09

Set 1 Feel Like A StrangerBuilt To Last, Little Red Rooster, Ramble On Rose, We Can Run But We Can't Hide, Jack A Roe, Memphis Blues, Row Jimmy, The Music Never Stopped 

Set 2 PlayinIn The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> PlayinIn The Band Reprise, Dark Star-> Drums-> Jam-> Death Don't Have No Mercy-> Dear Mr. Fantasy-> Hey Jude Reprise-> Throwing Stones-> Good Lovin',

E: Attics Of My Life

For reference, the first night of the famed Warlocks run was:

10/8/89
Set 1:
Foolish Heart
Walkin’ Blues
Candyman
Me and My Uncle
Big River
Stagger Lee
Queen Jane Approximately
Bird Song
The Promised Land

Set 2:
Help on the Way >
Slipknot! >
Franklin’s Tower
Victim or the Crime >
Eyes of the World >
Drums >
Space >
I Need a Miracle >
The Wheel >
Gimme Some Lovin’ >
Morning Dew

Encore:
And We Bid You Good Night

Hopefully an original or tasty 70s tomorrow! :dsorocks:  :dsorocks:  :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Cool! The Dark Star bust out show! Fall 89 was some of the best GD I ever saw.....

Glad to see DSO run this show out there - I suspect they shredded.

BTW > How was security? When Phil + Friends were there the heat was on! Complete with body/cavity groping. I really hope this didn't happen.....

A little Trivia RE the GD recording on Archive. Jeff Bowen, who transferred the tape is the guy who gave me a patch at the first show I taped, and remains one of my best friends today.

I taped several shows with Gene Juteau, (who taped the original show).

Memories!

We were at JGB show, Taping was not allowed! I got my D6 in and Gene managed to get his D10 in (D10's are not small!). Gene was standing with mic's in his hat. Several songs into the first set this kid came along and stood next to Gene - Holding a Boombox in the air to record. Obviously it was seen from the soundboard. When they came for it (and us) they said they had noticed Gene standing and not moving but they weren't going to say anything but they couldn't ignore the guy with the boombox. When he bent to pick up Genes' deck he said "Oh my, what's this" he discovered the patch cord going to the next deck, he then followed the next cord to mine. They took our decks and we had to pick them up at the SB after the show.

Cool! The Dark Star bust out show! Fall 89 was some of the best GD I ever saw.....

Glad to see DSO run this show out there - I suspect they shredded.

BTW > How was security? When Phil + Friends were there the heat was on! Complete with body/cavity groping. I really hope this didn't happen.....

security at the door was worse than ANY entrance to ANY event i've ever attended. wont be going back.

Must agree. Every year I come to Manhattan for these shows. I believe one of the best Venues to see the band. Never have been disappointed. Last night was Superb. My Obsession with Dead continues. DSO has made that continually happen. I loved the Jack Of Roe last night and the Row Jimmy. Not to say that I did not enjoy the whole first set. Some of those songs are not my favorite but were played so well I really enjoyed them. The Second Set was Awesome. I have had a patch of tough times lately and really needed a show like last night. Every song in Set Two was phenomenal. Could not ask for much more. New bass player was great. 

I am looking forward to tonight. That always means last night was a magical performance for me. Thank you DSO for keeping the Music Alive.

• Forum MVP

how fucking sad I am.    Fantasy--Jude....have been waiting patiently to hear this recreation.   The Hampton shows were some of the best I have seen or listened too!!!

Can not belive I missed the fantasy jude:{      These are the songs that keep bringing me back at tons of cost to wallet and family relations!!!!!

Glad you guys got one of my favorite showings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Green is not the word I can describe my feelings about missing one of my all time favorites!!!!

Oh well, many more to come.  I hope.   Would be seeing more, but wife lost 1.2 million of my investments.   Don't trust women with money, they may be smarter, but only in some areas of life:{     Otherwise,they suck you fucking ass dry!!!!!.

Please let me state, This is not true of all beautiful sisters, just the one I decided to be with !!!!

Archived