Birmingham Role Call

Alabama Getaway

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Lmao. If it wasn't winter Id have no 2nd thoughts as that run starts and ends 2 hours from me. OMG if there was a snow storm I'd be pissed. I just hate freaking winter and this has been a COLD one. Zero here last night. Wtf.

• Forum MVP

What kind of car do you drive?  If you got at least front wheel drive, an ice-scraper, and a working heater - it's all good in the hood!  4WD?  Try Toronto to Columbus in a Chevette with bald tires, 5 people, and blinding snow for 1/2 the trip.  You got this.

I'm happy I'm not the only one who's show schedule may or may not hinge on this freezing weather. Last year we went to Milwaukee and it was 3 degrees and we had a good time but..... We stayed at the intercontinental and it is attached to the pabst theater. We ate at a restaurant 100 feet away. Had it been snowy also last year we wouldn't have made that trip.

I see what you see rudedog. Lots of shows near me over the next two weeks. I want to go to them all. Not gonna happen. Detroit, Columbus, and Cleveland are in. Chicago, Milwaukee, Covington, St. Louis, Indy are all on the fence. Weather and work will play a part. Lexington and Nashville being mid week are out.

I wish dso would tour the Midwest like this in summer!!!! We get dates just not this many.

• Forum MVP

Well St. Louis has more FB RSVP then all but Madison. St. Louis is such a great Dead town too. The last 2 years the Pageant has been packed. They need to hit St. Louis more. Lexington has been moved to a tiny venue. I better get tix for that as I don't think busters holds much more than 400. Not sure as I've never been there b4 but it looks tiny.

If u are doing St Louis get in touch Tom. I can give u a floor spot in the moonrise which is next door to the Pageant. Awesome hotel too with a great bar :)

Archived