Florida 2015 dates ?

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

I know it sounds pathetic but I called a venue to check on dates for winter tour but they said sorry they haven' announced the dates yet so she can't say anything. I felt like a crack head lol. No patience here lol. But to my defense, winter tour is only time DSO comes close to me besides hopefully a recurring St Louis summer show.

• Forum MVP

my guess is that the Fla shows will be Feb 19 - 22 hopefully 5 this year..or 6 like the pensacola year,.,.if it's 4 my guess is Jannus St pete, Plaza or house of blues Orlando, freebird in jax beach or ponte vedra concert hall, then south fla really hoping for a change from Revolution in ft laud

• Forum MVP

WTF...saw that too. Have been texting up a storm with potential FL hosts. Many thoughts have been discussed. The ones suitable for a family forum are

1. an NC component may need to be added to the FL getaway, and

2. the plan by a band for shorter tours and fewer shows may be making itself manifest.

• Forum MVP

I didn't think you would still be in Mango.  Couple easy touring midwest shows and North Carolina doesn't look bad, but for those who have been doing Florida annually (I had planned to join you) can not be happy with what their looking at.

Something I learned in life is that everybody has the ability to be an ass and will be from time to time. I am living proof of this.

I sometimes will use crude language or be thoughtless when feeling passion so if anyone was offended by previous posts, sorry.

The florida stop off will affect others that are dear to my heart more than me, I pretty much have the ability to pick and choose what shows I go to depending on finances. Please don’t anyone tell me “I wish I had your life”. No you don’t! My life works for me and hopefully your life works for you!

Still I think this is a good place to express likes and dislikes. Years ago DSO would play Starland Ballroom in Sayerville NJ.  Many of us spoke up about that place and that there are many other places that has a better atmosphere and would attract a more desirable crowd. Thank You DSO for finding other than Starland venues!

About Ft Lauderdale, personally I feel less than comfortable in that town, seems to me there are many people that want to hear “Truckin and that other good song”. Culture room, from reading reviews and checking the website it seems like they have a great sound system, there were some negative reviews about staff and parking but mostly people say it’s a great place to SEE a show “can see the stage from anywhere” It’s nice to see the stage but if no room to dance…. I wonder if the sound is good in the lobby? I’m sure that some will find this venue is good place. I might be there, might not…

I, and I think most of us that post here are very appreciative for DSO, Band, Crew, and Administration. Thank all of you for doing what you do. Much love and respect

• Forum MVP

I think many agree with you Brian.  I find it best to have a little tact and remain level headed when expressing disapproval.  I too forget this sometimes.  I was just yelling at my laptop due to a log in issue on another site.  Also find it important to make the most of the situation.  DSO still playing some shows in some accessible places.  I will see you guys at some of these.

• Forum MVP

I like to think that the potential for a good time at a DSO show is always there. This might require some serious transcendence and at times might seem impossible. And yes, we pick and choose our battles. Winter tour has never been one that I've done much of, not a fan of cold and many of the cities they play in. Denial of the fact that I'm poor has left me with a good amount of CC debt(mostly from dso tour)....lots of good times, which I cherish, but not sustainable for the future. Not sure I was going to do Florida anyway but this doesn't help. 

I'm in for New Years though!!!

3 or 4 shows in NC look doable. Flight , car and rooms split between friends will make it manageable! Sure I will see you in NC MC! 

I hear you loud and clear Mango! No bank account, credit cards, 401k etc. Living week to week, eating gourmet meals (Grey Poupon mustard on rye bread, no cheese or anything else) for dinner so I can have money to spend when I go to shows... I wouldn't have it any other way! 

A couple years ago I walked into a local coffee shop to get espresso and the barista an older woman says,"How are you doing today Brian"  I told her "Very good, I think I am smarter than most". "Hows that" she asked. I told her "most people will be going out with a surplus, I will probably be leaving with a debit, seems wise to me". 

I have seen too many people trying to gather and keep all they can for a sense of security that they never seem to attain. When I was making a lot of money I would say "if you take all my money and put me in a cardboard box on the lower east side with peace and serenity I will be the richest man alive". I have an apartment (not a cardboard box) and pay the rent every month, I am slowly paying off debt and I have peace, serenity and happiness most of the time. There are many that love me, I have great compassion for the wounded and I get to some shows. What else do I need? I am feeling rich beyond my wildest dreams!

• Forum MVP

I'm out for North Carolina.  I will be at the 2 Ft. Lauderdale shows and I am leaning towards Chicago thru St. Louis, but it could be Indy through Covington.  I love North Carolina shows in the summer, but I will pass on the cramped space at the Orange Peel this time around.  More room for you guys.  

• Forum MVP

Rick -

keep me posted on your plans ... depending on who is traveling with who we may be able to hit a few of these shows together ...

I think we got time to plan if needed .... hehe ...

perfect tour for me would be Chicago for the one show ... Cleveland (my backyard) ... and then Indy, Columbus with possibly extended it to Covington and Birmingham ...

Archived