Rumors

comesatime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

lets get this thread back on track - rumor has it that the one and only JK will be siting in with DSO tomorrow night !!! B)

There is no fucking way that is happening, I'd bet my house on it. Stop the rumor mongering Konopka.  

• Forum MVP

lets get this thread back on track - rumor has it that the one and only JK will be siting in with DSO tomorrow night !!! B)

There is no fucking way that is happening, I'd bet my house on it. Stop the rumor mongering Konopka.  

I had heard that too but upon some reflection, I like the odds of AW's bet.  That ship really did sail some time ago.... 

• Forum MVP

I think there's a better chance Phil shows up tonight than that. He's already in Chicago and it's a Rex foundation benefit but then again there are like 3 other Rex foubdation events

• Forum MVP

Why everyone hoping guests or wild cards happen? As long as DSO (its current members) show up you're going to get the best GD music out there. Guests and sit in/ fill in can hurt the flow chemistry and energy. This includes JK or Phil although these two would be easier to transition in given their familiarity with the tunes but chemistry playing this music is built playing together. DSO does that regularly and has it. Here's hoping for the best music possible.

• Forum MVP

I agree. MC. Chemistry of play is everything. DSO ramped it up a notch after Skip got on the bus. I saw a pic once of him and Eaton in their late twenties playing; that friendship runs deep. The happiness of the crew is key. Clearly all are enjoying each other's company immensely by the fantastic shows of late.

• Forum MVP

Why everyone hoping guests or wild cards happen? As long as DSO (its current members) show up you're going to get the best GD music out there. Guests and sit in/ fill in can hurt the flow chemistry and energy. This includes JK or Phil although these two would be easier to transition in given their familiarity with the tunes but chemistry playing this music is built playing together. DSO does that regularly and has it. Here's hoping for the best music possible.

Just saying it Woukd be a treat to see Phil. My gf would flip her shit if bobby showed up but that's a pipe dream. She has an unnatural attraction to 67yr old bobby especially at 23yrs old.

• Forum MVP

Wow. I'm struggling today. Arguing sports with one buddy via text and now this. My words come clear in my mind but just get twisted every time. I didn't say a sit in would ruin the music. I did say I wouldn't be there so I don't know what impact he is having on my time. JK is the sole person most responsible for me being a deadhead. Ive seen him play live over 200 times and enjoyed it every time. You don't need to beat his drum at me. Trust me. I'm a supporter. I even said I hope he does sit in for scott. it would make me happy even if the music did suffer. I don't care for 3 guitar players and if JM grooving, I don't want him to leave the stage but please where in my post did I say a sit by Phil or JK would ruin my music or my time.

Sorry. I shouldn't let konopka strike a cord. I leave this thread alone. Let the rumors run wild. Kevin going to play on the 3rd. Eaton leaving band to go be a male stripper. Skip got an advertising gig with Skippy peanut butter. I even heard jk and baracco playing together on the 4th. If I throw enough darts at the board, I'm bound to hit on one or two.

I'm done. Carry on rumor thread.

• Forum MVP

Let the rumors run wild. Kevin going to play on the 3rd. Eaton leaving band to go be a male stripper. Skip got an advertising gig with Skippy peanut butter. I even heard jk and baracco playing together on the 4th.

You forgot to mention that Lisa will be taking time off to try out for " The Voice" on NBC. It must have slipped your mind during the avalanche of bullshit that was getting thrown your way. I think she can win it!

• Forum MVP

Well I'll reply to the deleted post ... I got mad big love for Stu , Jeff also , we all know Jeff is a monster on the guitar, but , John is my Jerry , living Jerry ... I make no excuses or blow smoke up anyone's ass , that is how I feel and I am not afraid to admit it , profess it or discuss it ...

• Forum MVP

..... She has an unnatural attraction to 67yr old bobby especially at 23yrs old.

Hey now,  :dsorocks:  nothing unnatural about that. :friends:  I'm sure you are jelous, nothing wrong with that.. :shakehandhug: .but watch what you imply about us folks that have been around the sun a few more times. :567:

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

So I want you all to know that this thread wasn't started to draw some silly line in the sand and take a stand for who is the better Jerry , and most of all ,  who is the better Jerry in DSO , although a couple of you stood up and replied as it was ... I would never want to diminish Jeff's talent and love for the music or am  I looking for a change in lead guitar in DSO ... I enjoy DSO as much with Jeff at the lead as I did with John , the music plays them both ... I saw a couple postings on Facebook that it could happen , both will be in Chicago at the same time and tomorrow nights show is a very special show ... my love for and loyalty to JK is not  because I think he is better than anyone , its because he and DSO are solely responsible for giving me back something that I loved and missed so much ... My thoughts on what could happen at Fridays show are merely a wish to see some old friends that gave the music back to me at the Count Basie theater in 2007 play some sweet music together again ... the bullshit about who is better or who got the better of the deal is just that , bullshit ... as long as these guys keep playing this sweet music , we all got the better of the deal ...

• Forum MVP

well said. I think you like stirring the pot. I didn't think you were trying to start the jk, jm, Stu, jerry or other jerry debate. my response on that subject were in direct response to others responses to me.

Archived