Aldany

Brian NJ

Elective WOW! Danced the whole show!!! Haven't been able to do that since having a pint of blood drawn every week to two weeks for the last year and a half. Testament that

DSO is bringing this music places it has never been to... I have never danced to lazy/sup or sailor /saint (even with gd) but did Fri&Sat. At text stop on thruway gotta keep it moving I'll leave it to others that will remember set list.

Agreed! That show was an absolute blast and it was impossible to stop dancing. Both sets were smokers. Loved the venue as well. I had never been there before and will definitely be circling that date on the calendar every time Dark Star passes through. Thanks!

• Forum MVP

DSO, Albany, 11/21/15

Set One: Alabama Getaway > Greatest Story Ever Told ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Black Throated Wind ; Ramble On Rose ; Easy To Love You ; Passenger ; Shining Star ; Beat It On Down The Line ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Set Two: Saint Stephen > Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance > Terrapin Station > drums > space > At A Siding > Terrapin Transit > Terrapin Reprise > Hey Jude > Visions Of Johanna > One More Saturday Night

Encore: Unbroken Chain

• Forum MVP

Elective WOW! Danced the whole show!!! Haven't been able to do that since having a pint of blood drawn every week to two weeks for the last year and a half. Testament that

DSO is bringing this music places it has never been to... I have never danced to lazy/sup or sailor /saint (even with gd) but did Fri&Sat. At text stop on thruway gotta keep it moving I'll leave it to others that will remember set list.

I think sailor is a great dance song. It's more of an interpretative spacy dance for me vs an Alabama type fast rocker.

Shining Star was very special. I was memorized with thought of a past love while the sweetness of last night's production dropped to a perfect whispering of lyric letting audience finish...

Passenger was perfectly strong powerful and danced with a smile for a musically psychic friend.

Hey Jude from the top of the Palace was so moving giving me sweat soaked chills...

Shining Star was beautiful. I was fortunate enough to hear them play it in June at Hampton Beach, NH. Although I give the slight edge to Hampton as a complete show (which says more about Hampton's brilliance than any flaw with Albany); the Shining Star from Albany surpassed Hampton's version. Jeff nailed it and (as cnjBrian already mentioned) the way they slowly trailed off at the end to let the audience finish was indeed special. Goosebumps. Can't wait for tonight. I'm expecting a GD show as they did an Elective last time they were in Concord 2 years ago. Either way, DSO seems to be consistently catching the lightning in 2015. I know it's preaching to the choir on here but I really can't say enough about this band. Just awesome.

• Forum MVP

There was also a solo abbreviated Easy To Slip by Eaton, when RB was having equipment issues. 2nd set space out. As mentioned by both RB, and Eaton The Palace one of their very favorite venues in the country. If you haven't been there, do yourself a favor and go one of these years. You won't be dissapointed.        

• Forum MVP

I think sailor is one of those that dso does better. I think dso's music never stopped and their dancin (77's) are as good if not better than the dead did them although many may prefer the looser style of the dead on those. I like how tight dso is on these.

Archived