Richmond 1st night CNY 2015

GoingBackTo Where....

• Forum MVP

I love coming on here and sharing reviews!!!!  I have always enjoyed reading all of your reviews in the past, and will continue in the future....Mine tend to get personal, but what is a review with out the rose colored lens of the reviewer?    

I dont know the set list....at all.....i dont know the show date....at all.....I do remember songs, and most of all, the friends!!!.

Reminded last night,,,, Samson never had a chance, there is a beauty to this music that words can not describe, and there are moments during the music, when the time is right, all seems lost, grace appears.   The fabric we weave is absolutely amazing, and i am always thrown back when i get to know others through this music, and see their life's quilt.   The layers are so fun to unravel----and so.......a big thanks, again....to DSO!!!!!!

They opened Jack Straw

They closed with US Blues

in between---

BIODTL

Peggy O----------some guy try to beat me up during this song....really?    If your going to get mad about me dancing so big, its not during the first minutes of Peggy O?......   I already fell really big this evening.  Like during warm up dance stretch.   In front of two Security guys.  I did not just fall, i fell over a trash can that fell, hit a wall, as I fell and hit another wall, bounced, hit another wall and landed right on my back.   how fucking embarrassing,......... bands not even on the stage.  Security tells me if they see that again, I am out, i told them i never fall, and that I am going outside because i feel to stupid to stay there.  They laugh their asses off......So.....did not want a fight with mad dance guy, not my night, I had back up however, and  I did not even know it, until she stepped up and danced all night, kept up, made room, and then shared it......wow.........Did i say kept up, made room, then shared it..................and was not scared during a fucking KICK ASS DRUMS SESSION when arms legs and feet go flying. A special night tonight was....indeed

Moving forward-------The Drum session tonight was one of my tops.  it was long, strong constant beat, and the best apparatus for some serious rhythm dancing.  Sometimes i get lost in step and beat during drums.  Tonight, Dino and Rob just layed it on heavy.......It was, as I say....BAD ASS!!!

Lets See...Highlights:   Dancing in the Streets-----fucking awesome------from what I remembered it was well played out...long.....and got a bit spacey....think it went into the kick ass drum set I mentioned above.

The Black Peter was delicious.  

1st set ended with Music Never.......   Yes,,,, It was a dance fest!!!!!

had time for a Jerry filler--How Sweet it is:}!!!!!  How sweet it is!!!!!!!

They played tons last night, been a long long day night day..my set list is scattered and mixed, but the night was perfect, and they played fucking lots!!!! They played it very well, and they filled a cup badly needed!!!!!II I seem to be getting many special nights with DSO, but it was super special night, and I wish I could truly share the intimacy i found on the dance floor.  Never had anything like it, not sure I will ever again, but it was like a arrow, straight and narrow......all I can say is WOW

Jack Straw

Cold Rain and Snow

Peggy O

Scarlet--Fire

BIODTL

Cassidy? I think?

Music Never Stopped

Black Peter

Dancing

Kick ASS DRUMS

Around Around

US Blues

Johnny B Goode

how sweet it is

my set list is way short of its glory.  Songs left out are not moments not remembered, just moments again to be discovered:}!!!! It was one of those shows, as dancers, we want to be at.   Not sure if I am getting the best of DSO with the shows enjoyed this month, but it is more than i could of ever hoped to hear with my ears, and move with my legs. They are sounding  great....with Skip providing a substantial amount of thunder to the crowd.

• Forum MVP

Hey Sunny - Looks like you had quite a time along with everybody else!  I'm glad your trashcan pin-ball didn't get you sent to the exits....

With a Jack Straw opener, Music closer, a big Dancin and a scorching Black Peter?  Gotta be the classic 7/7/78!!! 

Or another show of course :)

• Forum MVP

7-7-78

Red rocks ampitheater

Jack Straw

Candyman

Me and My Uncle

Big River

Friend of the Devil

Cassidy

Tennessee Jed

Passenger

Peggy-O

Music Never Stopped

Cold Rain and Snow

Beat it on Down the Line

Scarlet Begonias

Fire on the Mountain

Dancin' in the Streets

drums

Not Fade Away

Nobody's Jam

Not Fade Away

Black Peter

Around and Around

U.S. Blues

Johnny B. Goode

How sweet it is

• Forum MVP

Sitting in hotel room, grinning ear to ear.  Recapping the night, the songs, the music, the company.   I tell you, when it is bad, it really fucking sucks, but when its good, I literally feel like nothing can stop this train.....oh it was good last night.   How does the younger generation not drop everything and start touring with DSO?  Money sucks, but sell some veggie burritos..   Some Sammy Smiths oatmeal stouts, I want to take Josephs place and start seeing shows hooked up to nitrous, and connected to a 20 year younger babe.   Guess why he is upstate.  Honestly, i do look forward one day to getting a kick ass lot burrito again!!!  Why does the memories of lot food make me feel as warm as my moma's cooking?

Like a kiddie in the candy shop, except i got to stop last night and try out all the goodies, and again, it was so good.

Could they do a two night run 7-8-78?   its all a box of chocolates now, I got my fill, and tonight it will just spillith over:}!!!!!!

my Roses will start rambling if I continue.

Got good company coming up tonight for second night.  Safe Driving T!!!!!   Well worth the pain of tomorrow for the beauty of today:}!!!!

Love yall, fuck.....I love it all:}!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Happy for your joy Sunny. Awesome show and set list. In the original performance of this show Jerry laid down some serious guitar work with an abundance of flourishes. This show is a good example of the mid tempo period for some songs, IMO. Candy man and cold rain and snow exhibit bits and pieces of their earlier fast tempo but less of the slow paced versions in later years. That's why I think of it as mid tempo. One of the glorious things about the Grateful Dead is their ability to change and evolve without diminished quality in the beat and rhythm. Those two, dancin, friend of the devil, + others all lived at least two lives, and sounded just exactly perfect in each one.

Archived