Kobe

Tea

• Forum MVP

Kobe is a lot of things:

One of the best in a generation

A douche-bag rapist

Most competitive player since Jordan

That 60-point walk-off was pretty unbelievable even though he took 50 to get 60.  It may not totally erase the stink of a 17-win season but it was a crazy way to say goodbye.  

I'm ready for him to be gone for awhile.  Kobe-fatigue is real.

EDIT:  Oh yeah - and Golden State rips the regular season record from the Bulls.  It doesn't mean bleep if they don't close.

Thus ends the first and last NBA thread since 2008. 

• Forum MVP

Golden state can lose any 1 game but they don't lose 4 of 7 to anyone. The away games at San Antonio may be losses but there are only 3 of those. The finals is really San Antonio vs golden state. Whoever wins that can coast to a championship.

• Forum MVP

There isn't a team in the NBA that can beat Golden State in a seven game series.

I agree but we've seen much stranger things in sport. San Antonio just doesn't lose at home. If they can steal a game at golden state, you never know. I'm just assuming that the GS/Spurs matchup is assured in the west. They are both so far above the rest of the field. If it wasn't for how dominant GS is, the Spurs would be massive favorites to win it all. That will be a series I'll be watching. Don't really care about the rest. I don't really like the NBA product. It's better for sure than the illegal defense days but it's too long of a season. It would be more interesting with a 60 max game season with best of 3's all the way home. Hoops is too grueling for 100 games @48 minutes including playoffs. The NBA regular season has 3x the playing time of college regular season; 82-30 games with 48 vs 40 minutes. Compare that to NFL which is a 16 game vs 12 game regular season.

Archived