Ticketmaster Fee Litigation

Tea

• Forum MVP

This was posted on DSO's Facebook page:

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/

Important Update: Beginning on or around April 25, 2016, and ending on or around June 18, 2016, Class Members in the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement will be sent via email a notice regarding Discount and Ticket Codes. For information regarding the benefit Codes discussed in the notice, please review Frequently Asked Questions 17 through 20 on this website. Please be patient while notices are sent. If you have not received a notice email by June 18, 2016, please contact the Claims Administrator at ticketfeelitigation@gcginc.com.

If you bought tickets from www.ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013, you may be entitled to benefits from a Class Action Settlement.

Five Ticketmaster customers filed a class action lawsuit claiming that Ticketmaster’s Order Processing Fees and UPS Expedited Delivery Prices of tickets are excessive and deceptive. Ticketmaster disputes each of Plaintiffs’ claims.

Who is a Class Member?

You are a Class Member if you purchased tickets on Ticketmaster’s website ("Website") from October 21, 1999 through February 27, 2013 (“Class Period”), and you paid money to Ticketmaster for an Order Processing Fee (“OPF”) that was not fully refunded. You must also have been a resident of the United States at the time of your purchase and not have opted out of this Class previously. Additionally, you are also a “UPS Subclass Member” if you purchased UPS delivery in connection with your purchase of tickets over the Website.

What are the benefits of the Settlement?

Under the Settlement, Ticketmaster will issue approximately $386 million in Discount Codes to Class Members, which will be good for four years and will allow Class Members to receive discounts for future ticket purchases and/or receive additional discounts on future UPS ticket deliveries. If Class Members do not use at least $42 million worth of codes, Ticketmaster has agreed to make free tickets for certain events available to Class Members on a first come, first served basis. Ticketmaster will make enough of the free tickets available to make up for the difference between the amount of discounts that are redeemed and $42 million. You will not have to wait four years to determine if any free tickets will be issued. Beginning a year after the Discount Codes are first issued, the parties will evaluate their redemption rates, and if less than $10.5 million a year in discounts have been redeemed, Ticketmaster will make free tickets available. For more information regarding the Codes and several other benefits that are part of the Settlement, please review the Notice or FAQs 6, 7, and 10.

What do I need to do?

You do not have to do anything to participate in the Settlement. To the extent that you are eligible, you will automatically receive all of the Discount Codes you are entitled to. If you did not properly and timely opt out of the class, then you will automatically be included in the Class and the Subclass, as applicable. You will be bound by the terms of the Settlement Agreement and any court order approving the Settlement and Judgment, and you will release your claims against Ticketmaster.

Can I object to the Settlement?

The deadline to object to the Settlement occurred on September 15, 2014.

Can I Opt Out of the Settlement?

The deadline to opt out of the Settlement occurred on September 15, 2014.

Who represents the Class?

The Class Members are represented by Lead Class Counsel, who have been litigating the case on behalf of the Class since it was filed in 2003. The Court has evaluated the qualifications and efficacy of these attorneys and certified them to represent the class. They are:

Robert J. Stein III, Esq.
ALVARADO SMITH, APC
1 MacArthur Place, Suite 200
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Tel: (714) 852-6837
Fax: (714) 852-6899
Email: rstein.settlement@alvaradosmith.com Steven P. Blonder, Esq.
MUCH SHELIST, P.C.
191 North Wacker Dr., Suite 1800
Chicago, IL 60606
Tel: (312) 521-2402
Fax: (312) 521-2100
Email: sblonder.settlement@muchshelist.com Final Approval Hearing

The Court held a hearing to decide whether to approve the Settlement on January 13, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Department 310 of the Los Angeles Superior Court, located at 600 South Commonwealth Ave., Los Angeles, CA 92002. The Court entered a Final Approval Order on February 27, 2015 and a Final Judgment on May 7, 2015.

A better takeaway:

http://www.scpr.org/programs/the-frame/2016/05/10/48724/why-consumers-are-the-real-losers-in-the-schlesing/

The Attorney's who have filed suit will get the lions share I suspect.

• Forum MVP

I want to buy DeadCo tickets for Cincinnati and the $20 "service fee" has now made the $36 lawn ticket cost $56. I am trying to figure out if the box office for the venue has tickets without the BS "service fee" attached. With the tickets now bought online and you yourself either print them yourself or have a digital ticket on your phone what service are they really providing? What is every place you shopped had a service fee attached for simply taking your money? I truly hate Ticketbastard! 

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I just got (2) tickets to see Box of Rain at the TLA in Philly.  Ticket price with everything was $38.  After using the ticketmaster code ~ Actual retail price...$0.  Doesn't make up for all the BS surcharges over the years but 2 free tickets are always nice!  After logging into my ticketmaster account went to "Your Account" then in the bottom left "Active Vouchers".  There were a bunch of discount codes for $2.25 off but I had a few in the list that said | This code is potentially redeemable for two General Admission tickets for certain Live Nation concert events subject to availability and limitations. Please be aware that due to limited availability, we expect these settlement ticket codes to be redeemed quickly. 

Archived