2017 Jubilee Lineup Announced

Tea

After missing our first jubilee last year due to sons high school graduation the wife and I are stoked to reunite with all you lovely people at one of the best festivals on earth. Is it to early to start the show requests? Still chasing corrina, which from show reviews is getting played and hopefully I can get it ..other than that, let's get a great late 60''s elective!!  Count it down!!

On 3/22/2017 at 11:26 AM, rudedogggg said:

So the gf bought us VIP ticket this year.  I had always thought with being able to camp so close in GA, VIP wasn't worth it, but she bought the tix and dont have to carry any gear up or down and carrying for 2 killed me last year.  I've created a monster. I get nonstop texts on tour release day. Let's do this this and this. She likes the experience more than the music even though with it playing so much at the house and her seeing DSO regularly she's now able to identify songs quickly even though she refuses to learn the words. And from DSO she now knows really obscure songs that DSO played more than the dead. I have these "proud parent" moments when she's like Viola? and gets it after a few notes. At 1st I think she thought maybe she didn't fit in at shows but now realizes it's not what you wear just as long as you are there.  There will always be idiots like the ones who said Tea isn't a real deadhead amd looks like a narc, but those are the ones who aren't real deadheads. 

I'm not kidding when I say that someone called me FBI Mike at a show a couple of years ago. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

According to DNB's website:

April 18
Tour Announcment

“Due to David’s ongoing health concerns, we will not be performing at Freaks for the Festival in Big Sur on April 22 or The Dark Star Jubilee on May 26th."

Tough news - Fuck Cancer.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:26 AM, rudedogggg said:

So the gf bought us VIP ticket this year.  I had always thought with being able to camp so close in GA, VIP wasn't worth it, but she bought the tix and dont have to carry any gear up or down and carrying for 2 killed me last year.  I've created a monster. I get nonstop texts on tour release day. Let's do this this and this. She likes the experience more than the music even though with it playing so much at the house and her seeing DSO regularly she's now able to identify songs quickly even though she refuses to learn the words. And from DSO she now knows really obscure songs that DSO played more than the dead. I have these "proud parent" moments when she's like Viola? and gets it after a few notes. At 1st I think she thought maybe she didn't fit in at shows but now realizes it's not what you wear just as long as you are there.  There will always be idiots like the ones who said Tea isn't a real deadhead amd looks like a narc, but those are the ones who aren't real deadheads. 

Same situation here with the gf I took her to her first show witch was nye 98 other ones every show she gets all happy when figures songs out.

Archived