richmond 2

dliebo

• Forum MVP

Richmond sucks. Some of that good dance crowd from poca comes. Lot of beautiful girls. I mean oh Cecilia. But i had to dance in the lobby. Large part of he crowd pushed to the front and collected like a massive glob to the front. Clearly standing too close together to have any care of dancing

• Forum MVP

Holy Crap! Less Talkers / More Gawkers I guess.

Set One: The Music Never Stopped > Bertha ; Passenger ; Mister Charlie ; Candyman ; Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues ; Chimes Of Freedom ; Tennessee Jed ; Playing In The Band > The Wheel > Playin' (reprise)

Set Two: Feel Like A Stranger ; Iko Iko ; Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World > Dark Star > drums > space > I Need A Miracle > The Stranger (Two Souls In Communion) > Not Fade Away

Encore: Saint Stephen

Went to both nights and thought they were both great. I gotta give night 2 the edge though. And as a lifelong Richmonder, I apologize for the crowd. Way too many talkers and pushers. I don't remember it being that way last year. Pocahontas was a much better vibe in August.

• Forum MVP

I balled during 2 souls. I could feel Rob's loneliness as he sang. It made me think of the lonely times that I was the stranger. It was very special. Told a few to stfu during it. I can deal with talking during some stuff but not this.

Oh and btw you're welcome. I popped both of those annoying LED balloons. After 3 minutes that was enough. I got a small bit of applause for it and a few boos from the people who cared about a balloon more than candyman. After the balloons were popped the crowd refocused. After each pop I gave an "oops". I'll continue to pop balloons as the situation arrises.

• Forum MVP

Goop your crowd sucked. I for one hope we decide not to do Richmond New Years next year or at least go back to one night.

I know we shy away from the venue in December because of the weather but I really think we should do New Years at Penns Peak.

However the e factory worked out. We had a great dance party in the back corner drink side. Good group of about 20 of my closest friends and a few strangers that dance and could tell this is where they belong.

Archived