Nashville 4/3/2017

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP
Philadelphia Civic Center, Philadelphia, PA (8/4/74)

Bertha
Mexicali Blues
Scarlet Begonias
Black-Throated Wind
Deal
Beat it on Down the Line
Peggy-O
Jack Straw
Loser
El Paso
Row Jimmy
Playin' in the Band

Ship of Fools
Big River
Loose Lucy
Me and My Uncle
It Must Have Been the Roses
WRS Prelude
WRS Part 1
Let it Grow
Wharf Rat
U.S. Blues
Sugar Magnolia

Casey Jones

f: golden road

• Forum MVP

Fun culmination of 1st 4 of tour. I really hate being video'd while I dance but the iPhones were out in force. Finally got the live stream guy to go in front of me to the rail. There was lots of room to groove as it was a huge open spot. The sound was good up close. It started to sound like a big arena when you moved back.  I was up close most of show until I coukdbt take the people who would push up just to stand around. Went to the back near the end and lots were letting loose. Sooooo tired today. Driving home every night caught up to me.  Need a few days to patch my bones before the carolina run. So the gf really started to let loose the 3 shows she did. She was spinning with abandon and not always a controlled spin but she's getting into the spirit more and more. She said she got lost in dancing and the troubles of the world left her. I'm like that's what it's all about--freedom.  

• Forum MVP

Duck I saw you at some of the others. You gave me a nod. It was good to see you. Nashville was the best dance party of the bunch in my opinion but different people always seems to have different opinions. It was definitely the easiest to move from front to back to merch to outside. 

• Forum MVP

Yeah i had the boys in tow for all 3 shows since it coincided with their spring break. Had to stop at 3 with cave show in Tenn this weekend and Wanee in a couple weeks. And Jubilee. But i still entertained the idea of calling in sick to hit Nashville yesterday. Seeing the setlist stung a little since i didnt go. 

• Forum MVP

I was just reading the list and a huge smile hit my face when I envisioned that Loose Lucy.  If there's a tune that's more fun to boogie to, I'd like to hear it.

Sorry for the random post, just wanted to share my happy thoughts about it.

• Forum MVP

I think the best boogie song DSO currently has in the rotation for my dance style is Corrina. It's as funky of a get down as I can imagine.  The lyrics are nowhere near any meaningful Hunter song, but for offbeat funk grooving it doesn't get any better.  I sort of dance like a drummer. I'm hopping on a double time beat with my arms moving to the fill beat. With 1 drummer shows it's harder to get as much offbeat Mickey fills which impacts my top level a little. I always dance harder during 2 drummer shows.  That being said, even with a day off, I was  dragging and that may have affected my perception of the dance party.  I had a client issue hit on tour and I didn't properly deal with it so if I go broke at least my next 9 spring shows are already paid for from flights to lodging to tix.  there's prob 10 dead lyrics that will accurately describe my current work/tour imbalance the last 14 months and I don't mean my 11 months of work being too much compared to 3 months of vacation. 

Archived