Odds

Billy DeLyon

Odds  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds DSO starts playing live music again at the Peak?

• 0% - Too risky, not enough safety precautions in place yet
    • 25% - It might happen but unlikely until more things are in place
    • 50% - It's anyone's guess at this point
    • 75% - I'm confident the band and venue will take the necessary steps for the show to happen
    • 100% - This show and all other shows on the tour are gonna happen

So what do you think the odds are we get to stand in front of Dark Star Orchestra in 2 months on the floor of Penn's Peak getting ready for them to bust out an epic, healing, long setlist???

At this point I'm giving it a 20% chance of happening.  I truly hope I'm wrong.  Hopefully we see nothing but positives in the next two months and we can get back to some live music, but I'm not too optimistic.   I would love some positive reinforcements 

• Forum MVP

Northeast ain’t happening bro. 

the only shot I see are seated venues at 20% capacity and you are forced to sit and wear a mask. That’s the blueprint it seems.  Shows with open floor plans probably won’t have shows for a while. 

• Forum MVP

Saw this drive in concert thing. Would be perfect for Pisgah. You set up a stage in the field. Everyone gets a spot like vip jubilee. You park car and get a spot to your left to dance in. You need a bigger PA probably. Everyone in your car must stay in their box. This is how you get it to work. You get a show and get to dance but only with your car group. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Rude said:

Saw this drive in concert thing. Would be perfect for Pisgah. You set up a stage in the field. Everyone gets a spot like vip jubilee. You park car and get a spot to your left to dance in. You need a bigger PA probably. Everyone in your car must stay in their box. This is how you get it to work. You get a show and get to dance but only with your car group. 

Thanks for some hope, Rude.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP
22 hours ago, Rude said:

The perfect occasion to resurrect the Wall of Sound!

But on a serious note, it's hard to see a road from where we are today to GA based live sound, especially indoors, any time soon.  We need a vaccine, the timeline of which is anybody's guess, or some wild serendipity where the virus just mysteriously abates. Hard to fathom any of that in 2020.

The below article has been well circulated but in case anyone hasn't seen it it provides a detailed account of how viral particles spread.

Some pretty sobering stuff; the only good news is I'm happy to know that my open space forays are apparently very low risk to both myself and others. The author also assigns relatively low risk to the shopper - not so much to the essential worker unfortunately.

Archived