RIP sports bar section.

Rude

• Forum MVP

We will miss you. You held some lively debates like how the cowboys suck and lots of smack talking about our favorite college conferences and the like. 

September is maybe my favorite month of the year. All day Saturday and Sunday football. My weekends were set!!! Friends would gather at my house as I had 3 games recording at once and would watch every second of all 3 of them over a 5 hour stretch eliminating commercials and halftimes. I’d spent years perfecting the technique and this year was ready to shoot for All-Pro. Alas. Covid refuses to listen to reason. I could prob do the fall sans shows but sans football, I don’t know. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Tea said:

Easy.  Easy. Easy. Need just a little more time..

we should have done that Detroit/Dallas game last year In Detroit. Knew that game had some special meaning. Last live sports we’d ever get to see. 

• Forum MVP

I watched a lot of the Memorial last weekend,  was glad people could see how tough that course can be when not played in damp/ soft conditions. Baseball opening day today,  I'll be watching

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

A month ago I thought football would be dead. Now I have hope!!!!!  Besides Ohio state, all the top teams in college  hopefully will be competing. Unfortunately college campuses are spreading Covid like crazy as the teams are doing a great job of being safe. Cancelling football will put players at way more risk as they will go party like kids do. The teams have way more safety protocols and testing in place than for the student body. Players aren’t going to parties as they know football will be at risk. The NFL is a business and it will probably for sure happen. I wish they had scheduled more off weeks to push games back in case of team outbreaks though. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

A month ago I thought football would be dead. Now I have hope!!!!!  Besides Ohio state, all the top teams in college  hopefully will be competing. Unfortunately college campuses are spreading Covid like crazy as the teams are doing a great job of being safe. Cancelling football will put players at way more risk as they will go party like kids do. The teams have way more safety protocols and testing in place than for the student body. Players aren’t going to parties as they know football will be at risk. The NFL is a business and it will probably for sure happen. I wish they had scheduled more off weeks to push games back in case of team outbreaks though. 

Like I said before......NFL? Probably.....those boys are paid and can perhaps play in a modified bubble.

College football?? I'd be shocked if 2 weeks of games get played before the season is shelved......schools will begin getting sued by the parents of these boys. Linemen are risking their lives.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

• Forum MVP

The kids are safer on the field than not. The football players are sequestered in athletic dorms. They are tested regularly. They have a better shot of catching it on campus than through football. 

• Forum MVP

Unpaid labor taking all the punishment so college presidents, boards of region, chancellors, conference leaders, and the NCAA can all gorge at the trough.  

Ignorant bliss was much more fun but things be changin.  L-E-V-E-R-A-G-E    Not only that, I’m guessing an online UNC undergraduate education isn’t quite as valuable as the tuition cost.  Shit - some big time endowments are on the line.  

...the forces tear loose from their axis

• Forum MVP

People love to play sports. Many have opted out. If I played hoops in college I’d want to play. Sports are many of these people’s lives. They can opt out and get an extra year of eligibility. They are in no more danger playing football this year than last. They are in much more danger going to parties this year though and with unlimited freedom they will party and catch it. Players are more protected from corona than the student body at large. But the risk to 18-22yr olds is about the same risk as the flu based on number of deaths. Kids are fine. The adults...not so much. Gotta live life as safely as we can like always. Can’t stop living. 

• Forum MVP

Anyone watching NBA playoffs? The duel between Jamal Murray and Donavon Mitchell has been awesome. I'm admittedly a Jazz fan and not happy we haven't closed them out after a 3-1 lead but Murray flat out refused to let them lose in game 5 and 6, very impressive

Archived