philly first night

Weather Command

In case anyone missed this show > sick! Having said that, the setlist is missing Fire on the Mountain after Scarlet which was VERY sick! The Scarlet> Fire was my favorite part of the 2 shows I saw. I missed the 2nd Philly show...DSO didn't miss a beat after 7 months of not playing...Thanks DSO for making it happen. Love you guys/gal! ( and crew )

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Set One: Jack Straw > Bertha ; Black Throated Wind ; Big Boss Man ; Loser ; Passenger ; Ramble On Rose ; Let It Grow > Eyes Of The World > Box Of Rain 

Set Two: Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain ; Estimated Prophet > Terrapin Station > Saint Stephen > drums > space > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > The Other One > Stella Blue > Turn On Your Lovelight (Pigpen style). 

Encore: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
22 minutes ago, Tea said:

Set One: Jack Straw > Bertha ; Black Throated Wind ; Big Boss Man ; Loser ; Passenger ; Ramble On Rose ; Let It Grow > Eyes Of The World > Box Of Rain 

Set Two: Scarlet Begonias > Fire ; Estimated Prophet > Terrapin Station > Saint Stephen > drums > space > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > The Other One > Stella Blue > Turn On Your Lovelight (Pigpen style). 

Encore: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

DANG!!

Had a great time, albeit the stage being about 500 yards away (Blue lot).  We did however have a large TV screen very close to our spot.  I ended up have 2 boom boxes up on top of the truck, then turned the truck on and had all 4 doors open with the volume at 11.  We made it work.  It was nice having the "bar" so close to my spot.  The bomb sniffing dogs threw me for a loop upon entering, clearly they weren't drug/booze sniffing canines .  They sure did wait a long time to start letting cars in.  Then once in the lot we got really no direction from the staff on where to park.  Once parked the fuzz was giving the business to a car in front of us.  Supposedly they had a tarp or something they wanted to hang.  And of course that was against the rules so they had like 6 bike cops arguing with them.  Supposedly the patron was being 'a jerk' but I didn't hear much of the conversation.  I know the staff  who was "following orders" bitched at us at one point because we setup a dangerous lawn chair in front of my truck.  I know, I know it wasn't smart on our part, and we endangered everyone around us, so we ended up moving the chair to my truck bed a foot away and that made it a safer environment for everyone and they stopped bothering us.  I did make it all the way up to the stage at one point, it was weird because you could hear the band but not the vocals.  I guess that's how it was supposed to work. Maybe next time they can setup a "silent disco".  I recall seeing it for the 1st time in Bonnaroo.  Basically everyone get a pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones and get after it.  Would be hard to provide them to everyone, but maybe the more expensive tickets.  Or maybe DSO can construct a Partition of Sound, speakers that stand 100ft. tall.  I don't know, always looking for upgrades.  Hopefully next time it's just back to normal at an indoor/outdoor venue.  Either way it was great seeing the band and feeling the vibes.,  My back didn't hurt all weekend after seeing the show.  First day back to work and it's back to pain.  

• Forum MVP

Yea, watch out for dangerous lawn chairs. There was a good crowd of cars, no idea how many. Any more and you wouldn’t really be there, too far away. I thought it was really cool, actually. Kinda like bringing your car into a show or having the band come out to the lot. Good thing it wasn’t general admission, we might have had Eaton saying everyone park two spots back! Yea, the sound wasn’t in synch with the video but we expected that. I was ever so slightly disappointed that when Jeff was rocking a solo or laying out some very important lyrics, the screen was showing Eaton. I’m not so sure that the camera man was a deadhead. Anyway, I hope they do more of this. Maybe a home base for this style of show and then they can get things just exactly perfect.