4/1 Sean Canaan voodoo dead St Louis

• Forum MVP

That Sean Canaan dude does so many bands. We saw him do voodoo JGB after JRAD. He’s doing voodoo CSNY next week. I’ve seen like 10 different bands On schedules he’s done long shows of. He’s talented. Lots of work to do 1 show a year of some of these bands he covers. I did see Voodoo Dead at jazz fest which is a different band but not sure that all star band was any hotter than the Sean Canaan setup I saw once. It also was day 8 of jazz fest so I took 20 minute smoke breaks during the show. Was so overloaded with music, a break was nice lol. 

• Band Member

Sean is seriously talented and is able to attract the best players for whatever he is pulling off in a certain week.  It is a ton of work but it never disappoints.  Everything from CSNY to Prince to Waylon and Willie.  I have done numerous gigs over the years with him.  This will actually be the first Dead I have done with him.  Clapton, Dylan, Paul Simon (my fave) and on one Glorious night we were booked to do Little Feat and it turned out to be the night the Blues won the Cup.  Quite possibly the happiest I have ever been on a stage.  Check him out, no matter the artist, you will be impressed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Lol. So Sean Canaan voodoo Rolling Stones is 3/18. Meili said no!!! Every time we buy stones Tix something bad happens (jazz fest mick needing heart surgery and next year covid). So we don’t want to jinx it. She just wasn’t meant to see the stores live or maybe any tribute either. 

• Forum MVP
58 minutes ago, Rude said:

lol. Sean is nuts. He added a voodoo phish too. So csny, stones, phish and dead shows him playing lead in a 22 day stretch. How do you learn that many different bands like that. Wow. 

I’d love a good CSNY tribute show. And good Allman Bros music is another one I really miss. I’ve seen a few ABB covers but nothing that really did them any justice

• Forum MVP

If we lived in the Lou we’d probably see most of those. The venue is brand new in a new entertainment/shopping complex completed beginning of pandemic. So on their site they have tons of open leases needless to say. The big top looks like it has a large floor plus balcony seating. Assume that’s the anchor of the new complex. 

The Other One on KDHX 88.1 FM St. Louis said yesterday during her radio program that the Voodoo Phish show at the Foundry is Sold Out. 

The Foundry is located across the highway from the former National Guard Armory where the Grateful Dead played their first concert in St. Louis in May 1968. The Armory is under renovation right now. I'm not sure what is going in there.

5 hours ago, Rude said:

If we lived in the Lou we’d probably see most of those. The venue is brand new in a new entertainment/shopping complex completed beginning of pandemic. So on their site they have tons of open leases needless to say. The big top looks like it has a large floor plus balcony seating. Assume that’s the anchor of the new complex. 

Here is the link to a recent video from the local tv news station in St. Louis talking about what's happening at the Foundry.

https://fox2now.com/news/st-louis-concert-venues-seeing-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-for-return/?fbclid=IwAR3f_RJNUavJZaP8EnD1npvCp5XOaHfe1qOHsZLcyngKXMB7HGVbua3mrvY

• Forum MVP
On 3/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, Mason's Child said:

Sold out makes me feel better about this. I drop toph off at her dads on the 30th. Fly home from saint Louis the 31st. Just miss being in St. Louis for this event. 

going with Adam and Ali

Get Stoned at the City Foundry STL this Thursday, March 25.

Voodoo Rolling Stones announced this afternoon on "Sean Canan's Voodoo Players" facebook page.

All Voodoo shows so far have streamed live on the facebook page posted above.

All Voodoo shows are selling out quickly.

Old and In The Way Tribute by St. Louis' own "Mighty Pines" at the City Foundry STL this Friday, March 26.

If everything go's as planned, there is going to be a very cool announcement made in St. Louis sometime in May about a new music venue opening in St. Louis that all St. Louis Heads can call home. Tune to "The Other One" every Tuesday from Noon - 2pm CT on KDHX 88.1 FM St. Louis for updates on the new venue. You can listen online at: kdhx org

So lucky to Live in the Lou! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Saw a Scarlett>fire on the mountain by Marshall Tucker April fools Scarlett fire. I was like what? Good song though. Seems like a song the dead could have played considering it’s a western murder song lol. 

the playing was solid. Unfortunately the drums got washed out in the mix. The low ceilings made it where it was hard to ever hear a high hat or even snare at times. Unfortunate because the show was well played. We still had a blast. 

• Like (+1) 1
That was the best Drums > Space I heard in years. Marshall Tucker Fire on the Mountain cover was fantastic! Foolish Heart opener was grate! The band took me on a trip with Drums > Space > The Other One > Stella Blue. WOW!!! The psychedelic images appearing on the scene at the back of the stage was cool as well. They also had images of Jerry on the scene, too.

Voodoo GD - 4/1/21
City Foundry STL, St. Louis, MO

Set 1: Foolish Heart > The Promised Land > Candyman, Cumberland Blues, Cold Rain & Snow > The Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain*, Ship of Fools, Eyes of the World > Corrina > Drums > Space > The Other One > Stella Blue > Sugar Magnolia > Fire on the Mountain

E: Liberty

* = Marshall Tucker Band cover, April Fools!

Voodoo Players:
Sean Canan - Guitar
Neil Salsich - Guitar
David Grelle - Keyboards
John Hussung - Bass
Rob Koritz - Drums
Ryan Wilhite - Drums

Comment

• Like (+1) 2
36 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I can’t recall, I wonder if Jerry and the boys ever went into and out of any other tunes between scarlet and fire. You know, after the two were linked up. My dog ate my deadbase.

Check out 1991-08-16. Scarlet>Victim>Fire.

And in 84 there were a couple shows with Scarlet>Touch>Fire

• Thanks (+1) 1