Forum donations

Rude

• Forum MVP

Let’s help keep the forum going. Ron spends a lot of time and money with this great site that so many of us have made life long connections from. He’s probably saved many of us thousands from meeting other fans and sharing rooms and rides that we’d never have met without this site. I did my 1st new years run by meeting cosmic mike and sunny on here in 2013 and getting together to share rooms and a ride for that run. I’ve probably met 40 people because of this forum alone!!

http://dsoforums.net/donate/donations.html

• Like (+1) 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Give a little bit as it goes a long way.  

Like Rude above, I too met many from this place including Rude---Blk Mountain by random in that god awful KOA.   

In all honesty, this place was my little sanctuary when things got really bad.  Poured my heart out here---and people stepped in with good reassurance life was not over, just changing!!!

TR has done a lot for this community.  We have a special place that is consistent and stable.  Even if you hop off the bus, you have place to come back to when you want to ride again.

Giving is what we are all about!!!!

I just did my part!!  

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Thanks for creating this thread, RD.

I’m very interested in giving.

I have a few questions for anyone who knows the answers, please.

If we give money at the link provided in the OP, does 100% of it go to Ron?  

Also, other than very valuable time and expertise, what is the cost of running this site?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

DD

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Things change over time.  Cost of running the site is not a question I ever asked TR.  Never thought my place to know.  TR gets the proceeds and we trust he puts it to good use.  My guess is he never gets enough for what he does.   Labor of love is never truly compensated by the pennies received. 

Thanks TR for all that you do!!!!

• Forum MVP

I will say, I have life long friends because of this place.  They may be distant but never so far.  How many out of the way rides I have received because I woke up late, got stuck with a one legged women--who mind you hid it well until.....runs with out a worry.  I would have never got so much beautiful sounds if it was not for this gathering point.  I never would of had such fulfilling friendships if I never came on here.  Hearing stories from the past, I am still surprised I have some of those friendships, but people are accepting and rooted by common bonds for the experience, love and life that is GD/DSO.   Hell in bucket from Carolina to Escalante!!!!  Never would of transpired if not for the work TR puts in.  Never would of seen a dance floor move like chess pieces from a T from Texas, or a dog so Rude he sent me out to face the security---"I am not a child!!!!"  or a miracle to Jamaica, the wisdom of a Vegas and Dr. B, the crazy of a Mason, and the shared tears for a sweet Tara.  The little I have given over the years is nothing compared to the new perspectives gifted and the wonderful though dysfunctional characters who have shared.

Not sure you will get the answers you want, but spend enough time and you will get the answers you need!!!

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Things change over time.  Cost of running the site is not a question I ever asked TR.  Never thought my place to know.  TR gets the proceeds and we trust he puts it to good use.  My guess is he never gets enough for what he does.   Labor of love is never truly compensated by the pennies received. 

Thanks TR for all that you do!!!!

Thanks for the reply, but this helps me zero.  I never thought the funds weren’t put to good use, and don’t appreciate the condescending tone.

If my questions offend anyone, they may want to look in a mirror, because my intentions and phrasing couldn’t be more sincere.

Now if someone who actually knows the answers and/or is involved could please help, that would be cool.

• Forum MVP

Legitimate questions and phrasing. Deadheads, as I know them, like to keep it real and can accept and answer some of the nuts and bolt questions. When i did a go fund me donation, i didnt find out about the $15.00 fee until after the deal went down. Hopefully, these forums are open to discussions like these that arise. I do know that Ron, awhile back, said he wasnt accepting donations anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 7/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, DesertDead said:

Thanks for creating this thread, RD.

I’m very interested in giving.

I have a few questions for anyone who knows the answers, please.

If we give money at the link provided in the OP, does 100% of it go to Ron?  

Also, other than very valuable time and expertise, what is the cost of running this site?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

DD

Hey DD, we’ve never met in person but I’ve really enjoyed your participation on this forum. I remember your early times of moving from east to west. I did it also and lived vicariously thru some of your posts. I can’t wait to dance with you at a show.   I think what sunny (going back…) was conveying is that it’s really unimportant what the cost is to run this forum. I can tell you that yes, 100% of your donation goes to TR, I’m almost sure he’s always run at a deficit, so let’s let Ron put in the remaining  balance (or pocket a rare surplus) with the good feeling that comes with building a community. It’s like church, put in what you feel it’s worth and enjoy the karma. Love ya bro and hope this comes across with the the good vibes it was intended to!✌️✌️✌️✌️

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Agree. ‘Very valuable time and expertise’, I think you sum it up yourself. It’s the man’s livelihood. He lives and breathes this. It’s what preoccupies him, Just like any man. He needs to keep the lights on and food in his belly while he does it. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 7/16/2021 at 3:03 AM, DesertDead said:

Thanks for the reply, but this helps me zero.  I never thought the funds weren’t put to good use, and don’t appreciate the condescending tone.

If my questions offend anyone, they may want to look in a mirror, because my intentions and phrasing couldn’t be more sincere.

Now if someone who actually knows the answers and/or is involved could please help, that would be cool.

Alls good