Football

bs69

• Forum MVP
On 11/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, Tea said:

It's nice that there's an opportunity for some other teams to have a crack at the playoff.  Clemson has had a spot every year since 2016 and Alabama has been in all of them except for 2020.  TV executives want the usual suspects and would not be down for a slate like: Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Oregon

the 12 team playoff will fix some of this. Tennessee has the most brutal schedule in the country and then you have a team like Illinois that could get to the conference championship who doesn’t play a top 25 team all year. A few years ago all 7 teams in the SEC west were top 25 FPI. Ohio state is always a legit team but they pretty much just have to win the Michigan game or Penn state if Penn state is decent that year. It’s almost worst in the ACC. Wake forest? NC State?? Come on. Those teams don’t have the talent to battle decent teams every week and then you get a monster blowout and you’re like umm losing by 25 to a 3-5 team?? Yeah they are really the 7th best team….. 12 team playoff fixes all that crap. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Rude said:

the 12 team playoff will fix some of this. Tennessee has the most brutal schedule in the country and then you have a team like Illinois that could get to the conference championship who doesn’t play a top 25 team all year. A few years ago all 7 teams in the SEC west were top 25 FPI. Ohio state is always a legit team but they pretty much just have to win the Michigan game or Penn state if Penn state is decent that year. It’s almost worst in the ACC. Wake forest? NC State?? Come on. Those teams don’t have the talent to battle decent teams every week and then you get a monster blowout and you’re like umm losing by 25 to a 3-5 team?? Yeah they are really the 7th best team….. 12 team playoff fixes all that crap. 

The matchups you seek already do happen.  It’s called the SEC regular season.

• Forum MVP

Nope. We want Ohio st Michigan Oregon USC Clemson Alabama Georgia TCU Tennessee UCLA. SEC may have 4 of the 12 teams at end of season but they don't have all 12. Not even close and by the way I would leave LSU and Alabama out of a top 12 if we had to pick right now. Bama could easily be undefeated that's true but they also could easily have 4 losses. LSU lost to Florida St. They not a top 20 team. Tennessee and Georgia only SEC schools have solidly in the top 12 currently. SEC seems to be the only conference you can have 3/4 off weeks and still be considered a top team. 

Other conferences are thus more exciting because a team in the ACC has no margin for error. You lose one game and you fall behind a two loss Alabama and 2 loss LSU.

TCU loses to Texas a team that would've beat Alabama if Ewers doesn't get hurt and they will drop out of the top 12. And Texas won't even crack the top 15. Ole Miss beats Alabama, Bama will stay top 15 meanwhile Ole Miss will jump to like 5 or 6. 

• Forum MVP

USC has lost 1 game to a very good Utah team by 1 point yet is behind LSU who lost to Florida St who is not nearly the team Utah is. After this week, Ole Miss or Alabama should be exposed as not a top 20 team and LSU should drop because of it. They only so high because those wins are overrated. TN spanked them. 

• Forum MVP

USC has yet to beat a top 20 FPI team. In fact the highest rank team they beat was 30th. They finish playing 22md UCLA and 15th Notre Dame but snuck out close wins vs some bad teams. 

I’d say if 12 team playoff you’d have Georgia, TN, LSU Bama and maybe Ole Miss if they finish strong. 

Texas is a 7.5 point favorite over TCU LOL. But Texas is rank 6 in the FPI and TCU around 14th. The FPI has Texas as a 5.5 fav over TCU on a neutral field. 

if you wonder how spreads are made use this tool. Subtract one teams FPI number from another’s and that’s the spread. https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi

• Forum MVP

I’ll guess 

Georgia

Ohio State

Tennessee

Michigan

Because TCU will spit the bit and ND will beat USC.  North Carolina will replace Michigan if they lose badly to Ohio State and UNC runs out including ACC CG.  Their sole loss to ND on a day when “good ND” showed up.

So basically you can bet on something other than this occurring since I’ve now predicted it!  😂

• Forum MVP
On 11/12/2022 at 10:53 PM, Tom Banjo said:

Oregon is out. If pac 12 got the respect the SEC does, Washington would now be top 12.

if pac 12 got the respect SEC does??? Why does the SEC get respect?? Players dude. Pac 12 doesn’t get them. Sec gets 5-6 of the top 10 recruiting classes every year. 1/3 of 1st rounders every year are from the SEC bro. Last year the top 3 recruiting clssses were SEC. The classes are ranked based on player rankings and average star rating before they are recruited. It’s not some dude saying yhat class is the best. Every player gets a point rating. Bama and Georgia get 5 of the 30 5* guys a year. Ohio state gets a bunch too. Over the past few years the SEC has gotten 2/3 of the rivals 5* players. Why would the pac 12 get respect with only 2 teams in the top 20 of recruiting every year. Geez

• Forum MVP
On 11/16/2022 at 12:08 PM, Tom Banjo said:

I wonder if LSU some how beats Georgia do we get TN LSU and Georgia in the playoff 

not if South Carolina keeps slapping Tennessee Jed lol

4 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Michigan TCU gut out hard fought wins against top level competition. Both should be playoff bound.

not sure if serious, that Illinois (or anyone else Michigan has played so far this season) is “top level competition”?

Regardless, they’ll obviously get in if they beat Ohio State, deservedly so…

• Forum MVP

Ya but my point is gonna be that when TN loses to South Carolina I'm gonna hear about how South Carolina is top level competition. 

ole miss losing to Arkansas they gonna be top level competition too.

And I think penn state is top level competition by the way. Teams gonna finish top 8 in the county. They would be in the top 12.

• Forum MVP

One thing I can say is Rattler can deal. Guy is NFL material for sure. But TN they not top 12. Thus LSU and Bama probably not top 12 either. 

I'm not sure ole miss is top 25. They getting beat like a red headed stepchild by Arkansas. 

Once again who has Alabama beat?

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

USC has to jump to 5 right? 

Absolutely.

And with 2 and 3 playing each other, they seem to control their playoff inclusion.  Win ND and P12 CG and they’re in.

You know how I’m hoping that works out. 

If Georgia wins out.  And Ohio State wins out.  And TCU wins out.  And USC loses a game.  

Who becomes 4th playoff team?

Clemson whose sole loss is to a Jekyll/Hyde Notre Dame?

Michigan whose sole loss is to #2 Ohio State?  Might be the answer if the loss is respectable.

North Carolina really let an opportunity slip away by losing last night.  Their sole loss was (also) to ND before that, and winning out and beating Clemson could have given it to them.

LSU will see that they’re in if they can beat Georgia in that scenario.  If they can avoid letting aTm sneak up on them in what will be that team’s bowl game.

Emphasis on bowl.  😎