Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

I watched a lot of crappy games so far. Covid is wreaking havoc again and opt outs in the nothing at stake bowls hurt. That auburn Houston game epitomized bad football. Auburn had a backup QB who couldnt hit the broad side of a barn and they called passes nonstop. Was insane. It didn’t help that auburn had multiple linemen opt out. Houston’s QB was way way better. Houston should have won by 20 if not for the talent on Auburn’s defense. Mississippi state was very disappointing. Will Rogers is a great QB. He played like crap. Miss state doesn’t recruit anywhere near the top teams, but had a good system that just didn’t work. 

if you haven’t watched tennessee play this year, check them out at 3est today. It’s the fastest hurry up in college history. Expect the ball to be hiked between 28-32 secs left on the play clock. There are hurry up offenses and there is tennessee. They had a 70yd td vs Alabama as they hiked it as the DB was looking at saban for the call. Tennessee’s defense pays the price never resting though lol. 

• Forum MVP

Wow. You rule forward progress had ended on 4th and goal at the 1 AFTER he crossed the goal line in overtime. The ref doesn’t signal the play had ended until the ball was over the goal and then makes sure it can’t be reviewed by making the unreviewable call of forward progress. The whistle didn’t blow until after he crossed and the ref didn’t signal play over until after he crossed. Why would a ref blow it dead after he saw the guy cross the goal line. He could have ruled the runner down so that it’s reviewable, but no. The ref wanted to determine the winner. A buddy was like the replay will be overturned. I’m like you can’t overturn a forward progress call. You don’t blow a 4th and goal dead and you definitely don’t do it after he scored. That was a fun game if you missed the Tennessee v Purdue game, but one ref decided to not let the teams determine who won. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

BS69 do you want to take cincy +13.5 for 2 tickets to dso Newport? I like Bama giving up the points. If you post “yes” before game time we have a bet!

You're on! I've got $100 on the moneyline paying $410. Coincidentally my championship game ticket will cost me $439 if we make it. A Bearcats win could mean a few nice tickets for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Bryce young looked scared all 1st half. Refused to trust the blocking. He was not sharp at all. But Bama ran so much they didn’t let him get a feel for the game by passing on the 1st drive. Cincy was only putting 6 in the box pretty much letting Bama run run run. But cincy is lucky to be down 14 with the 300 to 70 yard deficit. 

• Forum MVP

I was sort of rooting for cincy from a coaching perspective. They were only putting 6-7 in the box just allowing Bama to run all over them. I was screaming to load the box to stop the run!! It seemed like they wanted to not be blown out but did little defensively to stop the run. Had a buddy watching and we were perplexed that cincy just refused to stack the box ever. Even late in the game they refused to sell out to stop the run. 

cincy played admirably though. They made Bryce young look bad. They got pressure and he was scared even if the pocket held up enough. Cincys pass rush was solid and rushing only 3-4 they consistently got pressure. You can’t pass if you don’t have time to throw with 8 defenders in coverage.  Unfortunately Bama played the same defense not allowing any big play but their front was better. 

• Forum MVP

No fan of Bama but they physically dominated.
Inexplicable for Cincinnati not loading box.

On offense Cinci  had few if any of pass attempts of 20 yds.

If plan was to go toe to toe…plan executed, outcome predictable.

Oh yea! Now we get to see Bama vs Georgia again!!  Ugh! 

There is no doubt that these two have proven themselves to be in the top 4 teams of the country, and obviously now #1 & #2.  But being a College Football Fan, I sure wish the Conference Games meant more. I am a Bulldawgs fan but after they got absolutely thumped by Bama in the SEC Conf, Georgia did not earn their way to the "Final Four" IMHO. If nothing else, the NCAA had an opportunity to make it right by letting Georgia and Bama face each other in the 1st round.

I will certainly watch every snap of the Championship Game but there is no good outcome for NCAA.  If Bama wins, everyone will say told you so, If Georgia wins then all the Bama Fans will say OK, so now the series is tide at 1-1!  And wrt TV Ratings, I don't think anybody wants this match-up either, well, except for SEC Talking Heads...

• Forum MVP

This was the inevitable outcome with no Ohio state. Yes osu is super flawed, but they were the only team with enough speed to stress the Bama or Georgia defense. The osu defense was the issue for them this year. Once we do 12 team format where top 4 get a bye and the next 8 play in, it will make the regular season even less important lol. 

on another note, who’s going to win the Antonio Brown sweepstakes? Or is it the Antonio brown lottery but where the lottery winner goes to jail for tax evasion after winning and spending 30 mil. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I took Georgia -3 last night. Holler!  As Swagu would say “Alabama you need new Security to protect your QB”

If you exclude Alabama, Georgia allowed 7 ppg to the other 13 opponents. It’s the 4th all time college scoring defense at 10.1, but of the 151 points, Bama scored 60 of them. 

• Forum MVP

I’d take the raiders and the points if I was betting it. I actually took 49ers +3 against my boys. I’m either up 50 and sad my boys are out, down 55 and getting excited for the next game or Dallas wins a squeaker by 1 or 2 and I’m happy and up a bit of cash. I hope I lose some money lol.