PITS

Rude

• Forum MVP

Mayer is positive and won’t be in Mexico. Billy can’t go for other reasons. So Zack nugent starts these cryptic posts. The 1st said “who’s gonna play lead in Mexico? You heard it here 1st”. That makes you think he was gonna replace mayer. But they announced Tom Hamilton. Tom is good at what he does but he’s not really a dead style guitarist. Mayer wasn’t really either but he imitates it. Zack is like pure 80s Jerry. Now Zack nugent posted “next call. PITS is cancelled. Fight me.”

weird 

• Forum MVP

Meili follows zach nugent on Insta and he posted late last night making it look like he was going to be lead guitar then today predicting it being cancelled. 

I can’t believe deadco could refund people. They booked a hotel. It’s not the resorts issue. It’s why DSO has to play. For them to refund someone they would owe the hotel the base cost of that room minus the extra they add on for the shows. People don’t seem to understand that on Facebook as they act like dso is horrible for not cancelling. Covid was still killing a lot when they announced the shows. People booked knowing covid could be a factor and now don’t want to go and get stuck in Jamaica.  People act like it’s some new thing. The resort did offer free rooms if you get stuck in Jamaica with a positive test which is nice. I do feel sorry that many will test positive and won’t be allowed to travel under Jamaica’s rules. That sucks. This is probably the worst time ever to try to test negative. I’m curious if the band moved their flights up to make sure they got into Jamaica. This is their biggest nut of the year. They need the money. 

Weird that Zack Nugent would post all that stuff. He also posted a picture of a fake shirt saying “Bobby, Mickey, Drummer #2, Oteil, Jeff, JRAD guy. Kind of a petulant display of ill temper from someone who should (at least publicy) display some mutual respect and professionalism towards other professional GD musicians. (Or don’t say anything 😎)

• Forum MVP
25 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

Hyryder postponed tonight’s show till March…played NYE though

Good grief.

12/31 - Set 1 was really bleeping good.  

Feel bad for the PITS folks who are already in Mexico - the very definition of 'last minute' cancellation.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

The show is going on unless someone’s sick or contagious. But there’s people out there who are mad that bands are cancelling with sick members. Thats the crazy that’s out there. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

The show is going on unless someone’s sick or contagious. But there’s people out there who are mad that bands are cancelling with sick members. Thats the crazy that’s out there. 

Are they experiencing serious symptoms or just testing positive with sniffles?
Playing with a contagious respiratory illness like a cold, the flu, or fully faxed, boosted, Covid 19,…audiences same…is the very definition of the show must go on and has been for decades. No telling how many shows I attended where this was true. That’s the crazy that used to be out there.

I feel so bad for younger generations.

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

Are they experiencing serious symptoms or just testing positive with sniffles?
Playing with a contagious respiratory illness like a cold, the flu, or fully faxed, boosted, Covid 19,…audiences same…is the very definition of the show must go on and has been for decades. No telling how many shows I attended where this was true. That’s the crazy that used to be out there.

I feel so bad for younger generations.

Nice. So you are advocating for the intentional spread of covid.... you do know it’s still killing 1000+ a day. Yes, omicron is a nothing burger, but delta is still killing people. If you knew your neighbor had covid, there’s no way you are going to their house to hang out with them, but you want bands with covid to play and infect the audience and the rest of the band? Do you know how disgusting this sounds?? 

• Forum MVP

Going to shows, especially like cap center and revolution where you were literally shoehorned in has its inherent risks. Parking lots and pods less so I suppose. I admit gettIng ill after several DSO flings in my time but at all of them I am more likely to die in a car accident going to and from then from air borne disease including Covid. 
Test me Test me

I guess I can only go to outdoor shows within walking distance.