Tahoe - 1/28/22

Tea

• Forum MVP

1969-04-15 / The Music Box - Omaha, NE

Set 1: Hard To Handle ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Morning Dew ; It Hurts Me Too ; China Cat Sunflower > Doin' That Rag > It's A Sin ; Turn On Your Lovelight 

Set 2: Sittin' On Top Of The World ; Cryptical Envelopment > drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Dark Star > Saint Stephen > The Eleven 

Filler: Alligator > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Starting out with a 69 to begin tour in Tahoe is the way to do it. Haven’t caught a 69 since Louisville in 2018 but caught 4 Straight of their 69s over an 18 month stretch from ‘16-‘18. This was actually the 1st 69 recreation since 11/19. Ugh. 

I knew I should have called social services and said I need a foster parent for 2 weeks so I can fly out west to see some shows. Those foster parents only make like $600 a month so that’s pro rated to $20 a day. That’s some cheap babysitting and pretty sure they are available at a moments notice. The Baby Kennel chain is pretty expensive in our area at like $700 a week. That would add up after a long tour plus they only play Christian music all day long but they don’t allow dancing as that leads to fornication. The boss likes Talking heads followed by Dead, so that’s a nonstarter and he dances a lot so don’t want him getting lashed while we are away. 

• LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, BillK522 said:

I missed the DEW for 56 shows back

in the Dead days also.

Poorly timed touring I suppose.

While that's definitely some statistical abuse, it could be worse... If you'd hopped on tour after William & Mary '78, and you happened to miss the Landover show in Fall '79, you could have gone almost 150 shows without a Dew!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1