Just supposing…

flairblair

Just hypothetically…suppose you met a guy who had a little cash to burn…and a huge property in the sticks…and further suppose this fella was a head…what’s a good guess as to what DSO would want to play for a day or two?

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I think those numbers are in the ballpark, but that person would also have to pay for band travel, and the costs for the crew to get all of the equipment there and hooked up/taken down.

I would guess that the metrics are different for this than if it is a stop on a tour.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Back in summer of 1994 as I was trying to put together an emmylou and the Nash ramblers tour. There was no grateful dead hotline so I contacted her management group Monty Hitchcock productions. They sent me two pages of itinerary. They must of thought i was looking to book because the sheets had all kinds of info including prices to contract. $14,000 listed. That was 1994. Post Covid 2022 could be something like $25,000. I don't think we're going to get Mr. Eaton chiming on this, but it didn't change anything when I found out about the pricing back in 1994. I did put together 6 shows from what they mailed me and I was off running and taping. Also found out about a private textile's union show in NC that I was able to get in undercover.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
On 5/7/2022 at 2:14 PM, flairblair said:

Just hypothetically…suppose you met a guy who had a little cash to burn…and a huge property in the sticks…and further suppose this fella was a head…what’s a good guess as to what DSO would want to play for a day or two?

i know Chris was thinking about that at his place. I think you should shoot for a local dead band unless you really wanted to drop 40k. The distance the bus and semi would have to travel would be an issue. You’d need an electrician to set up the needed power. You’d need to rent a good PA system. Cotter said the venues have to provide the power source and the PA. We’ve got the rest. I’d guess the electrical would run you a few K. You’d need to build a stage. PA rental could be a few K. You don’t want dso playing through 2 portable PA’s on a pole. 

i think Hyryder is around 2500 a night or were pre pandemic before they got a lot bigger, but not sure if they can travel more than 5 hours and still do a Friday night show as they have jobs. Could probably get them to do a Saturday night then a Sunday afternoon show so they could get back to work on Monday. 

• Like (+1) 1