Happy Birthday, Donna Jean!

Tea

• Forum MVP

Where is the “j’adore” button?

D9E5982C-F623-4108-9344-BD387A7463FE.thumb.jpeg.de8af555b33b7bf50384409608ff80b6.jpeg

She was the only GD member I talked to during GD time (Cap Center 9/25/76). Several of us (this means you and me, Doc) talked to her at and in the bus ride after Scott’s memorial show at the Kinetic Playground, and then several more times over the years at Grateful Fest. Very gracious and very fun.

An amazing lady of Southern gentility. She is a Thatcher and we determined that her people in Alabama undoubtedly knew my people in Tennessee as we were from adjacent counties separated only by a very porous state line.

We are everywhere.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Sounds like she'd sign a hat. Right Too much fun? These tales must be told, thanks Chuck. I got to talk with Bobby a little at the after hours bar in Vail when he was there doing two shows with kimock and Kingfish August 1986. His voice was shot supposedly from free basing. During the shows he was glaring at me as his blonde girlfriend was dancing with me and pulling her skirt down to fuck with Bobby. My girlfriend, Nina got us in to the bar through Barry Flask. He invited her up to the hotel rooms; however, when I got on the elevator for the ride up he change his mind stating they really needed to rest. I wasn't going back to the campground alone, not when I was the one who orchestrated the trip. Bobby didn't say much, just kinda stayed on the outskirts. These were the dark days of the coma. By October 30 (Hunter opening for kingfish) and 31 (where kf opened for JGB) at the Kaiser Stone shows were happening and the onslaught of 87 was brewing. Sorry Tea and Ambassador Vegas for the drift and ramble. Did you get to some of those 76, 77 JGB with Donna shows? I heard JGB shows we're too much fun back then as they were only a couple of bucks..My Stone shows in January of 87 were only $10 for two sets, $15.00 at the Wiltern, $15.00 at eel river for three sets. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

d no sYes several JGB w/ Donna circa late 77….$5 and you could see Jerry from upfront rows with little hassle. 

Got to talk with her 1/31/05 (My still fav DSO show). Thanking her for real good times past and present at the time. My hat had no signatures at that point.