Drums>

Jam>

The Other One>

Stella Blue>

Not Fade Away

Encore: I Am the Walrus

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

That set 2 was a face melter. The help>slipknot was out of this world. I don’t actually know if the jam was end of help or if it was all considered slipknot but it went dark and was like you were in an evil trippy jazz club. The Franklins was more melt than just happy dance. I caught myself standing still with mouth agape several times during that pre drums segment. They really jammed those out deep. Easy wind is a top 5 dancer for me but it too was off the chain psychedelic and was very different than old school ones. It was one of those what could have been if dead jammed it in the 80’s. Pre drums many of the songs left the building for large segments replaced with jams you probably couldn’t identify if you didn’t know what song we were in and I love that!!!! Give me all dso originals from now on. 

A funny part is I think this is the 1st time dso did 2 originals at jubilee. It’s always 2 recreations and an original so we were like when did the dead ever open with UJB>the wheel. Then blow away comes up and we are like well that’s that. 

its been a minute since we’ve seen dso and I forget just how good they are with no weak links. It’s really rare to have a band where everyone is so so good and so in tune with each other at all times. The complexity of the jams were so ludicrous. We’d look at each other like this is perfectly brilliant. Now it’s time for the band to add another semi and travel around with those Meyer sound PA’s. Yes the buildings may crack open but that’s why venues have insurance. The ceiling collapsing would be the worry. Maybe another semi with steel netting to protect from falling debris would alleviate that risk. 

and I can’t forget that drum segment. Dino was looping rhythms then moving the sound everywhere and rob was on some trippy sound machine doing the same. We were in a bubble with the sound flying all around us. It was really such a badass drum jam taking advantage of the best PA they play on all year. Someone told me for the lost lands festival at buckeye lake that on the main stage they have 3 of those arrays on each side instead of the 1 10-speaker Panther array on each side at jubilee plus no telling how many additional bass stacks. Now that would be insane to see dso on before we all were forced to learn sign language. 

• Like (+1) 2

Well, what an amazing weekend and this night was my favorite of the three. I’m gonna agree with Rude’s assessment here and go with all the superlatives. High energy first set and the band came back and topped it with their best set of the weekend. Easy Wind was indeed killer with many friends ripping it up on the dance floor. The Other One began softly with Eaton beginning the first verse out of a quiet part without the usual walloping bass kickoff. The jam ensued, finishing once again softly, followed by an enormously high energy, walloping intro into the next verse, which maintained the energy until coming in for a smooth landing into a sweet Stella Blue. Walrus kicked ass, it was cool to catch the first one (not the first! Consulted starbase and it was played 3 other times in 2007, two Terrapin Nation shows along with a soundcheck)😀

• Like (+1) 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
6 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Exceptional Stella Blue 

i forgot you saw it live lol. 2 hours away. Huge dso fan. 1st jubilee. You guys were also last men out at 3pm 😂

edit: if you didn’t know, AC’s buddy woke at noon on Monday. Pretty much ignored security saying you have to leave as he made his coffee with no one else left in the venue. For a couple hours security tried to get them to leave until a stern warning came lol. Had such a good time didn’t want to go lol. 

• Like (+1) 1