Fall tour 2023 complete

• Forum MVP
On 7/12/2023 at 6:05 PM, Rude said:

James Brady is only oppressive if it’s packed. This place would be oppressive too sold out. This will be the show to go to on a Wednesday night. Should be dance room for days. It’s crazy how much Newport has grown up. That whole downtown area has been torn down and condos and hotels built up. I always wondered why Newport with a quick bridge to Cincy wasn’t the go to place to live if you work in downtown cincy as it’s the closest living area to downtown when most Cincy residents live 10 miles away. 

fun fact: Newport used to be Sin City. They had illegal gambling and prostitution houses and the liquor stores are still open until 2:30 am. They have changed a lot but it’s where peeps go for booze late night in cincy 

I'm going to try to sneak this one in, I've been crazy busy but desperately need a show. To Rude's fun fact, my daughter is getting married 2 weeks from Saturday and the reception is at the "Newport Syndicate", an old mafia hangout not far from the Newport venue. I should be able to make the Columbus show also after I get this wedding business in the rear view. When did weddings get so expensive?

7 hours ago, Brian NJ said:

The Anthem is the best indoor venue I have seen Dark Star at. Been there every year and will hope to make it for what is it, fourth time.

Great Sound and friendliest attendants/security. One year after I believe it was help slip Franklin's security saw me leaning against the rail trying to catch my breath before the next song and asked if I needed water I said no a minute later they came up and gave me two bottles of water . Later that night a security woman saw me dancing and came up to me, pulled me off to the side, wanted to talk to me, she asked me if I am going to be all right ? I looked at her and realized she thought I was tripping my ass off . When I told her I hadn't taken any drugs in like 20 years she said sure sure but will you be okay tonight. LOL she couldn't believe somebody could have that much fun without drugs.. If you are not staying too far from the venue take Uber there and back. You will thank me!

I'll get a room right there so I can miss out on the hiking and driving. The Wharf looks to be self contained.

• Forum MVP
On 10/13/2023 at 1:38 PM, Captain Zap said:

I'll get a room right there so I can miss out on the hiking and driving. The Wharf looks to be self contained.

there’s an amazing Japanese sushi restaurant there balled NaRa-Ya. We had this insane wagyu beef tartar appetizer that was presented under a dome of smoke. Never ate raw ground beef before but it was delish!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

The moonrise is the most uninsulated hotel I’ve ever been. You can hear quiet conversations all down the hallway. We were harassed and harassed by management and even when we went full whisper he said we can still hear you. I told him to stop harassing us and he left us alone but I’ll never stay there again. The bar downstairs is great. We’ve had hopslam on tap, evil twin brewery Molotov cocktail on tap(13%), and I forget the 12% stout we had. Every time we’ve been there they have some amazing high abv beer on tap. Unfortunately they eliminated the couch seating in favor of all tables so it doesn’t have the cool post show lounge we got used to there. 

• Forum MVP

It’s awesome to go to your room at set break. It’s one of those things when they piss you off how you never give them business again. I’m sure many peeps have hotels bars and restaurants they won’t frequent. Now I’ll likely be at the bar lol

• 2 weeks later...