Fall tour 2023 complete

• Forum MVP

Anthem at least for me.  Too bad Live Nation is doing the ticketing - 30% of the ticket price in fees.  I've seen worse and I know it's sometimes a necessary evil to see the band that I love, but damn!  How does a cartel like TM avoid anti-trust challenges to it's monopoly?  One word:  Corporatocracy.  Sadly, we did it to ourselves....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Hoosh said:

What has happened to Richmond? No Summer stop and now no Fall stop. Disappointing…

yoo had 3 Richmond shows in 2022. 3/26/22 and 11/17 and 11/18/22. Facebook is where people who get way more than their fair share of shows go to complain. 

9 hours ago, Constanza said:

Zero New England shows. Damn. 

the very last show before Wyoming was Boston. That tour had a lot of Vermont and CT and nonstop New York. Dso plays different areas of the country on different tours. New York and the northeast has had way way more than they used to get. They play maybe 70 shows a year at this point and half have been up there. 

Again, Facebook is the place to go complain when you aren’t aware how they do tours and when they just played your town a couple shows ago and are mad they play in a different region. 

8 hours ago, Sam said:

Where do I register for the presale? 

and I don’t even know what this is. Forums got a bit weird today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
4 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Any intel on MegaCorp Pavilion

in Newport, KY?  Website says

show will be at indoor facility.

Danceable?  AC?

Praise DSO.

brand new venue. Dso played there before. It evidently has a different name now but it’s a new, large, indoor outdoor venue. Boogie down. 

what’s weird is if you drive around if you will never find it. It’s on the 2nd floor of a parking garage. We and others were like where the hell is it then we see a tiny sign pointing to an elevator that takes you up 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

It's an open floor which is nice for dancing and there's 5-6 steps that take you up to a wrap around second level. Grateful it's not James Brady center in Cincy (both venues built about the same time a few years ago.), Riverfront Live is the preferred venue. Last year I missed the first half of the first set arriving late at 8:20, but the free movement of the floor made for a great show. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

James Brady is only oppressive if it’s packed. This place would be oppressive too sold out. This will be the show to go to on a Wednesday night. Should be dance room for days. It’s crazy how much Newport has grown up. That whole downtown area has been torn down and condos and hotels built up. I always wondered why Newport with a quick bridge to Cincy wasn’t the go to place to live if you work in downtown cincy as it’s the closest living area to downtown when most Cincy residents live 10 miles away. 

fun fact: Newport used to be Sin City. They had illegal gambling and prostitution houses and the liquor stores are still open until 2:30 am. They have changed a lot but it’s where peeps go for booze late night in cincy 

• Forum MVP

Sweet got my 1st row dead center balcony tix for St. Louis. That GA floor gets oppressively packed and balcony was only $45 a ticket front row. Boom. We’ve started to get balcony when possible and reasonably priced at venues where it’s hard to dance and the pageant has so many chairs and tables and railed off tiers that it’s rough dancing and that pit is shoulder to shoulder. Wish they would remodel that place and just tear it all out and have 1 large flat floor like all of the new venues are doing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I’m getting excited for this. It’s been a while since I drove to 3 cities in 3 days. Since covid this is the 1st time the south has gotten an actual run in 4+ years!!! Meilis salivating about it as well. We are gonna do this without any PTO meaning driving home post show from Chattanooga. Post show driving also brings back great memories. There were tours we always hit the next town after the show. Some times there was no choice b/c you don’t day drive sandiego to LA or we had a spot to sleep in the next town. Covid turned so much stuff upside down and getting a little taste of being on actual tour is exciting!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Yes and wondering if they'll have to move it indoors with storms predicted up until After Midnight.

Grand Rapids is also 6pm. Cleveland is the first show at 8pm. (Guess their figuring it's during the work week for locals)

They got their work cut out for them tonight considering how Indy folks were dosed this past weekend.

• Forum MVP

If Meilis boss tries to fuck us and make us miss the start of the Birmingham show not letting her off at 1 that day, we may just quit that job and go wild on fall tour. Mom can you babysit for a week. Then a few weeks later for another week? K thanks. Appleton> chicago looks cool besides 2 days off in Iowa of all boring places for a day off. But I’d guess there will be room to boogie!

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Birmingham Atlanta Chattanooga so as not to Confuse any spur of the moment travellers. This place in Gulf Shores I go to every year to get my head straight the prime week is Oct 15-20. Really bummed I ain't doing Newport and Pittsburgh... Halloween will be my next show up in Grand Rapids, then Darrell Scott celebrating Guy Clark's birthday at City Winery in Nashville. I'm going to try to get to St Louis (Fri another day off)🤔 Unfortunately can't take another work day off for the Sunday Columbus🤔  take considering the upcoming week on the beach, Halloween is a Tues which means two more and the Darrell Scott celebrating Guy's birthday is a Mon, there's two more. Probably know more people in St Louis than Columbus (if the all the fine people from Paducah go?) There was a bunch that I met at my first Hyryder show that were also at last year's St Louis.

Looking forward to "The Anthem" in Washington DC on the 21st. I've got an extra ticket, a car and looking to see if anyone in the Asheville, NC / Spartanburg, SC would want to share the ride and a few expenses. Message me!

What can anyone tell me about the venue??? Looks like an awesome spot on The Wharf. Should be fun, but anyone with stronger bearings .... what do you know?

Aiko Aiko

• Forum MVP
On 10/8/2023 at 11:01 AM, Captain Zap said:

Looking forward to "The Anthem" in Washington DC on the 21st. I've got an extra ticket, a car and looking to see if anyone in the Asheville, NC / Spartanburg, SC would want to share the ride and a few expenses. Message me!

What can anyone tell me about the venue??? Looks like an awesome spot on The Wharf. Should be fun, but anyone with stronger bearings .... what do you know?

Aiko Aiko

It’s one of the epic new breed of large dedicated music venues for bands that 2k is too small and arenas are too large. It has the biggest flat GA dance floor there is. I think the GA floor part only is like 4k capacity and overall capacity is 6k. The PA is fantastic. Very loud. It’s a cashless joint fyi. You will have big fun!!!!!  Lots of places to drink within 100 feet. It’s got a really easy Uber pickup and drop off spot. It’s part of a 2bil development and it’s patrolled by cops and cameras but that’s just for protection from violence. In pretty much every big city weed is irrelevant to cops in tourist areas. They care about protecting the tax base and a shooting kills tourist dollars. Don’t punch anyone and don’t piss on the street and you will have a real good time!!!

• Like (+1) 1
On 10/8/2023 at 12:01 PM, Captain Zap said:

Aiko Aiko

The Anthem is the best indoor venue I have seen Dark Star at. Been there every year and will hope to make it for what is it, fourth time.

Great Sound and friendliest attendants/security. One year after I believe it was help slip Franklin's security saw me leaning against the rail trying to catch my breath before the next song and asked if I needed water I said no a minute later they came up and gave me two bottles of water . Later that night a security woman saw me dancing and came up to me, pulled me off to the side, wanted to talk to me, she asked me if I am going to be all right ? I looked at her and realized she thought I was tripping my ass off . When I told her I hadn't taken any drugs in like 20 years she said sure sure but will you be okay tonight. LOL she couldn't believe somebody could have that much fun without drugs.. If you are not staying too far from the venue take Uber there and back. You will thank me!

• Like (+1) 1