Terrapin Station

Drums

Not Fade Away

Black Peter

Sugar Magnolia

E: Satisfaction

Filler: Golden Road

• Forum MVP

Completely GAME ON show…such a different experience than Del Mar which was super fun, played so well and arguably had better sound in the brand spanking new venue but….

complete roof blowout during Deal after a super solid first set and just total second set beauty perfection…whatever words you use for speechless situations…

LA crowd was full throttle and giving it loud and clear back to the band right out of the gate and all the way through and the symbiotic organism fed on itself thoroughly throughout the night…band was so ready to go out on limbs and lay it all down…never recall seeing Jeff quite so animated and playful and literally getting down while slaying the shit out of so many jams…

it was just one of those nights….

the Wiltern is such an old beauty (had seen them there 4yrs? Ago) and it makes me wonder how the influence of such a beautiful space that clearly has soul and so much history influences the music…

terraced floor so no slope dancing, like the warfield and other small halls I’ve seen that have Eliminated the slope floor for flat terraces….boulder theater comes to mind too…

didn’t talk to tons of people but was surprised how many peeps we came across who were DSO virgins in last couple nights. Definitely DandC splillover in there… 

getting their minds blown I’d say!

wow thanks for this full throttle dialed in Saturday night in LA

Smokin’ Hot🔥

🌹

• Like (+1) 8
6 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Completely GAME ON show…such a different experience than Del Mar which was super fun, played so well and arguably had better sound in the brand spanking new venue but….

complete roof blowout during Deal after a super solid first set and just total second set beauty perfection…whatever words you use for speechless situations…

LA crowd was full throttle and giving it loud and clear back to the band right out of the gate and all the way through and the symbiotic organism fed on itself thoroughly throughout the night…band was so ready to go out on limbs and lay it all down…never recall seeing Jeff quite so animated and playful and literally getting down while slaying the shit out of so many jams…

it was just one of those nights….

the Wiltern is such an old beauty (had seen them there 4yrs? Ago) and it makes me wonder how the influence of such a beautiful space that clearly has soul and so much history influences the music…

terraced floor so no slope dancing, like the warfield and other small halls I’ve seen that have Eliminated the slope floor for flat terraces….boulder theater comes to mind too…

didn’t talk to tons of people but was surprised how many peeps we came across who were DSO virgins in last couple nights. Definitely DandC splillover in there… 

getting their minds blown I’d say!

wow thanks for this full throttle dialed in Saturday night in LA

Smokin’ Hot🔥

🌹

Agreed on so many points.

The sound in the Wiltern was far from as crisp as it was at The Sound in Del Mar.

packed house in LA had definite D&C spillover and heady big city vibes compared to laid back San Diego. 

both shows sold out, arguably oversold. We had to bail from the Wiltern pit due to extreme squeezing - it just wasn’t fun getting pressed up against that much flesh. Found some empty seats up top. Lovely view but people were shorter when they built those seat.

Jeff’s extremely animated this tour. Pushing things to the brink again and again.

we’re skipping SLO but looking forward to some winter heat in NorCal

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, BillK522 said:

Fabulous review, Island .

Thanks for the warm fuzzy feels.

Praise DSO.

Bill, you rested and ready for some full immersion, you lucky dog?

I’m sure a seasoned veteran like yourself has already begun some light stretching and hydrating as you head into your 5-bar!  

Sending vibes your way for your California run, man!

be safe, may the Force be with you 🤩

DD