Spring tour carolina

• Forum MVP

5/17 Asheville salvage station

5/18 Asheville salvage station

5/19 Wilmington NC

i was just told we are doing the Asheville ones even though the weekend before jubilee……The only reason I’d contemplate it right before we head out the Thursday after for jubilee is I’m guessing our non jubilee Carolina’s friends will likely be in attendance. 

• Forum MVP

I'm thinking of doing Asheville and Wilmington. Whitney wants to show the baby off to the her Illinois friends. Those places are outdoors and we could bring the kids. Have sober family time and keep those damn head phones on the little one. Then just camp in NC and TN before heading to Jubilee. But we will see. I just saw the announcement and have to run it by whitney

• Forum MVP

Jonathan would be a terror at 10pm. He can’t stay up that late. If the Asheville were at 6 then maybe but no way we’d have any fun as he goes where he wants and we’d have to follow. Luckily your kids stay put.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
45 minutes ago, Rude said:

Nice we get a local Nashville show on Tuesday pre jubilee. Pop the short 280 mile round trip post work and be in bed by 230am. Boom. 

Just saw that one pop up - Nice!

• Forum MVP

We may be able to pull off 6 of 7 shows.  Asheville x2, Nashville then 3 jubilee. Luckily my mom is begging to keep boss baby as she has to go to a graduation on Memorial Day weekend so she can grab him Asheville weekend and her parents jubilee. The Nashville will be a babysitter from 5p-2a as it’s an up and back on Tuesday but man that’s sorta rough considering we are leaving Thursday early am. The day after a night drive home is harder and harder as the years catch up and having to eat ADD meds to pull off the overnight drive. Then pack Wednesday then hit the road the next day. I was gonna just pass on Asheville and do Nashville and Jub but that made momma bear mad and gotta keep her from being grizzly so we will see. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I thought the design was far from ideal. Massive complex but the dance floor was too small when we saw Phil and friends there. Nashville is a good spot to see him with the plethora of fantastic musicians there. We could find no space and it wasn’t sold out. We did bowl a game before the show which was fun and got to watch a minor league game from the smoking deck. What sucks was the game made all parking expensive and a 5 block walk. It had one of the smaller dance areas I’ve seen. Is it even 40x30’ on the floor?

• Like (+1) 1

I saw Sierra Ferrell there for NYE a couple years ago, sold out, and there was plenty of space even with the floor and mezzanine levels packed and no one bowling once the show started. But I hope its perfect for the band and for your dancing needs.

The last time DSO played Madison theater in Covington, KY, it was so packed and oversold I literally couldn't move or dance and I thought it was a deathtrap, so that is kinda the standard measure i use