Dark Star Orchestra And Robert Hunter Song "studio Version"

Vortex

• Forum MVP

Hey folks!

Here is a link to a youtube of a "studio" version new tune "Run Mary" by Dark Star Orchestra and Robert Hunter. We are still tinkering with the final mix but we are far enough along to share this this with you since we have debuted it live at Nelson Ledges.

Hope you enjoy it!

AWESOME!!!

Diggin' the lead at about 3:35...

liftoff.gif

Very cool stuff! Catchy hook! I like the photo visuals too...Perfect timing on a lot of them.

Thank you, thank you!

This is the beginning of a whole new history!

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dreaming of the possibilities for the next run of elective sets. Thanks for posting. Love it lots!!!!

Oh, I also noticed that the song was mixed by Eaton. He may just have a future with the engineering thing. Who knew? :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I really dig the sound on this new song.... part funk, part rock, all devotion to the lyrics of Robert Hunter. I can't wait to experience it live, and certainly hope this is only the beginning of original music being recorded and performed by DSO !!! Thank you, Dino, for keeping us up to date :) .

Topher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advisory Board

Bump and grind. cheers.gif Teddy bear and gun!

Run Mary's such a great tune... it's grown on me so much in the last few weeks!! I think I could hear it at every elective show...

and if they ever wanted to recreate that AC show from last week... I'd be sure to attend that sucker too! Hope they release that one at the merch table soon!

• Advisory Board

And originals as well!!(only goofin' with you Herdy!!)

Of course you are, Headband.... :P :P

Love you buddy!!!!!!!!! You're playing Friday night blew me out of the water!!!!

PS You are the wind beneath my wings ;)

Oh, I also noticed that the song was mixed by Eaton. He may just have a future with the engineering thing. Who knew? :blush:

Are you kidding? Rob is a world class engineer! He was the engineer on a number of grammy award winning albums - 5 of them in 1999 alone and another 1n 2003 (there may be more I'm not aware of). He has also engineered and/or produced albums for Jimmy Buffett, Herby Hancock, David Bowie, Eric Clapton ........

Movies Include:

A Map of the World (1999) (music scoring mixer), A Family Thing (1996) (music recordist), Turner & Hooch (1989) (music mixer) (music recordist) Third Degree Burn (1989) (TV) (music scoring mixer) Apprentice to Murder (1988) (music recordist) ... aka "The Teacher" - Belgium (English title) (video title)Lemon Sky (1988) (TV) (music engineer) Twice in a Lifetime (1985) (assistant sound engineer).

Be careful with Mr. Hunter's first name. I've heard him at a concert say "And please don't call me Bobby!" but hey maybe we'll see him hanging around a Gypsy Parlor sometime soon?

Hey! Funny you should mention this. I would never overstep my bounds and assume such a thing, but.....

When I met ole Robert Hunter in 1983, he first called my house to get directions to the venue where I had booked him (at Dickinson College), and he said, "Is Kira there? This is Bob Hunter."

Really!!

I can see where he's going with the Bobby thing though!

More importantly, Run Mary Run!!

• Advisory Board

No man owns me!!!!!! :rofl:

Cept for show nights.... Load in the gear, bitch!! Play me some music for 4 hours, bitch!! I COMMAND THEE!!

:) :) :)

You know I love you buddy!!!! See ya on Friay, and I'll be your bitch for a while....

Archived