Melvin Seals & Jgb With Stu Allen

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

I attended the show last night at the Hard Rock with Chuck Vegas, Dan Klepinger, and a few other good friends....

WOW what a show ... I will leave posting the set list up to Chuck as he was in charge of it last night (yes that is true .. he was and he will have it I swear) ...

I can tell you these few things:

1. that it should be a joy to see Stu Allen with Dark Star Orchestra come April out here on the West Coast... I think Dark Star and the fine talent they have will enhance and bring some magic out of Stu..

2. Melvin can and does still bring it... he had the room in the palms of his hands many times... they entire band had much fun last night and enjoyed it I think more than the fans..

3. We had a "How Sweet It Is" and "Second That Emotion" 1st set opener last night...

4. "Mission In The Rain" encore to finish it all off ... yes that is right...

5. Nothing like some good Jerry music to dance the night away with..

• Forum MVP

What I have, should be pretty complete:

1st set: How Sweet it Is, Second that Emotion, Saw Her Standing There, That's What Love Will Make You Do, Senor, After Midnight>Eleanor Rigby Jam>After Midnight

2nd set: Tough Mama, Run for the Roses, Tore Up Over You (serious jamming), Like a Road, Easy Come Easy Go (?), Sisters and Brothers, Deal (sick)

Encore: Mission in the Rain

I wonder who will say this should be with "Other Bands"...

I need a nap.

• Forum MVP
Curious..was Jimmy Tebaugh playing bass? He is an STL guy.. Um you cant miss him...I believe he has not cut his hair in 30 years....Dreads past his knees...

If he was..how did he do and did he sing harmony?

Thanks in advance for any intel provided..

Yep, 'twas him! Dreads weren't quite that long. Like everyone else last night, he brought it! And did some harmonizing, I think.

TR - time to nap in the mild Mojave sun, and rise in time for some football. Anybody but the Colts...

• Forum MVP

The song that Chuck has listed in the 2nd set as "?" was...

"You Never Can Tell" - by Chuck Berry... most famous for being on the soundtrack of the movie Pulp Fiction...

note on that - many in the crowd were dancing like Travolta and Thurman did in that scene... well maybe not many but myself and a lovely lady, Jen, were... :rolleyes:

Jimmy Tebeau is a groovemaster and a super chill cat...nice guy....The current JGB lineup is sounding better than ever.

Gotta agree with pd, Jimmy is a helluva nice guy. I met him in KC back in 2000. The venue FOB engineer wasn't going to give me a patch and Jimmy argued with him 'til he did. Eventually other tapers showed up and he dropped a patch cord down to them (the board was in a little room upstairs) I got to hang out in the sound room away from the hustle-bustle of the crowd.

Who knows if I hadn't moved to Reno right after that this might be Schwag forums. They are a great band, if you get a chance you should see 'em.

Guest crazy digits
What I have, should be pretty complete:

1st set: How Sweet it Is, Second that Emotion, Saw Her Standing There, That's What Love Will Make You Do, Senor, After Midnight>Eleanor Rigby Jam>After Midnight

2nd set: Tough Mama, Run for the Roses, Tore Up Over You (serious jamming), Like a Road, Easy Come Easy Go (?), Sisters and Brothers, Deal (sick)

Encore: Mission in the Rain

I wonder who will say this should be with "Other Bands"...

I could name a few

I need a nap.

Guest Lisacat

Some northeast and CO dates up....

March 2010

17th (Wed)</FONT>Asylum - Portland, ME

Melvin Seals & JGB

18th (Thu)</FONT>Higher Ground - Burlingto, VT

Melvin Seals & JGB

19th (Fri)</FONT>Putnam Den - Saratoga, NY

Melvin Seals & JGB

20th (Sat)</FONT>The Waterhole - Saranac, NY

Melvin Seals & JGB

21st (Sun)</FONT>The Colony Cafe - Woodstock, NY

Melvin Seals & JGB

25th (Thu)</FONT>Mexicali Live - Teaneck, NJ

Melvin Seals & JGB

26th (Fri)</FONT>Penn's Peak Jim - Thorpe, PA

Melvin Seals & JGB

27th (Sat)</FONT>The Warehouse - Hartford, CT

Melvin Seals & JGB

April 2010

2nd (Fri)</FONT>Quixotes True Blue - Denver, CO

Melvin Seals & JGB

3rd (Sat)</FONT>Quixotes True Blue - Denver, CO

Melvin Seals & JGB

The song that Chuck has listed in the 2nd set as "?" was...

"You Never Can Tell" - by Chuck Berry... most famous for being on the soundtrack of the movie Pulp Fiction...

Chuck Berry is da man!!!

Being able to see CB up close at his monthly gig at Blueberry Hill in St. Louis is mind blowing!!!

It's great to hear all CB's original songs that the Dead, JGB, etc. have covered.

421673-R1-054-25A_026.jpg

Guest Lisacat
Gonna try and make that Mexicali Live show, thanks for the update Lisacat!

you are very welcome. I do believe when DSO used to play there it was 21 and over only...

I saw JGB there in Dec and there were probably only about 150 people there...didn't even feel like mexicali without being stuffed in like sardines.

• Advisory Board
you are very welcome. I do believe when DSO used to play there it was 21 and over only...

:wub: :wub: I heart Terrapin Nation shows!!! :wub: :wub: We need to bring a few of those back here and there!!!

Someone wanna get on that?

Guest Lisacat
:wub::wub: I heart Terrapin Nation shows!!! :wub::wub: We need to bring a few of those back here and there!!!

Someone wanna get on that?

ahhhhh the good ol' days. (OK it all relative...I haven't been at this as long as some of you ;) )

but yes, we saw some pretty nutty shit there...one of the last mexicali shows I remember walrus>ohio>watchin the wheels, hard rains gonna fall, and I believe eaton even played some neil diamond song...talk about going out on a limb. or maybe that was another show....who knows-it all rolls into one. but damn I miss that too.

Guest Lisacat
Where the hell are the TN dates? WTF - last one was at the arctic Keswick NYE show!

forgot that those guys opened up for DSO on new years....I only remember frozen limbs that night.

Archived