The Vic - 2/6/10

You Are Here

Elective Set styled like 77/78/jgb opened with a big fat Eyes, included several tunes with Donna (Be with Thee!), several with Allie Krall on fiddle (Easy Wind! Cumberland!), and closed with an intergalactic Lonesome and a Long Way. the Lonesome jam was huuuuuuuge and rangey.

Second set more down-to-business face-melting. Can't recall how it started but it ended with a TOO sandwich on Cryptical bread with NFA>Lovelight on top and a soulFULL brokedown chaser. Again RB is hitting the Pig like Lovelight. Boy that was nice.

Everyone is rising up to the new challenges and the shake-up in the wake-up of jk's break-up feels just exactly perfect to these tired old ears.

MMMMMmmmmmm that's good DSO.

Eyes>

Around

Dire Wolf

Bobby McGee

Easy Wind*

Cumberland*

Don't Let Go*+>

Jam>

Don't Let Go*+

Mexicali

Be With Thee+

Lonesome+***

Promised

Half Step

WRS>

Grow

Cryptical>

Other One>

Dew>

Other One>

Cryptical>

NFA>

Lovelight

:Brokedown

* w/ Alison Krall

+ w/ Donna Jean

***1st Lonesome since 3/6/03 (Seattle, WA)

Sounds good guys and gals....

Go Saints....

:) ...ahh thanks for filling in the gaps for me. Couple additions and clarifications

Don't Let Go*+>

Jam> Jam> Jam>

Don't Let Go*+

Lonesome+***

Jam> Jam> XFACTOR> intergalactic finish>

Lonesome+***

WRS>

Grow and Grow and Grow and Grow

Cryptical>

Other One>

brief-but-still-DRUMZ>jam>

Dew>

Other One>

Cryptical>

NFA>

Lovelight ( sung excellently by RB )

:D

• Forum MVP
They just keep finding ways to make it better. Anyone out there who ever has said anything about DSO not pushing the music furthur ought to have been present last night.

Wow! Can't wait until next week.

Guest Lisacat

one of the best musical experiences of my life last night...

it really doesn't get much better than an eyes opener, bringing Allie out (and I heard she didn't know easy wind at all...and it was unreal), Don't Let Go with all 3 lovely ladies on stage, ending the 1st set with some beautiful jerry band church music, and then the whole second set...

the crowd energy was 20X better than the night before....and what a treat it is to see the band so happy and having fun

so so so grateful

and for those who haven't seen a mattson show yet...watch out...it ain't easy to keep up- I've been finding myself having to take time outs and just watch for a minute or two...

one of the best musical experiences of my life last night...

and for those who haven't seen a mattson show yet...watch out...it ain't easy to keep up- I've been finding myself having to take time outs and just watch for a minute or two...

Lisa, I know what you mean about keeping up with Jeff Matson-I was standing there amazed NYE during Viola Lee Blues & grinning @ the keep up with me if you can on Jeff's face.I didn't really think about it ,but he also was daring us to keep up with him dancin' ! :D

:dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

Archived