Not Fade Away

Encore

New Orleans

*Barraco and TC

sucks to be you if you're not there...

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I can't freakin believe it ,that looooooksss f&^%ckin insane

I cannot find better words than these to describe the setlist. Last year Raleigh was very subdued due to the previous nites blowout. Let's hope there is something left after what appears to be a HUGE effort. UJB to open and close set 1? Yikes. Were their mics in the air?

I am still in awe of what happened last night! Operator!!!! -speachless- a real treat, Hard to Handle!!!! Black Peter sweet, St Stephen-Wil Tell -Eleven Fucking mind blowing!!!!! China Doll was sang/played with precision. All the rest -I was convinced that someone would have a heart attack and I prayed it wasn't me! Thank You DSO and all my friends that helped make this weekend possible.

• Forum MVP

Jeff's singing on Candyman, Black Peter and China (still can't believe we got all three of those in one show!!!! :cheers: ) was just sublime. The Hard to Handle was old school - one of my favorite jams of all time is the one from Filmore East 72 - the one they made the box set out of - where Jerry crescendo's about 3-4 times during the jam on Hard to Handle - it is epic. I'll tell you that what Jeff did during that song last night was done the same way Jerry did it in 72. It wasn't a copy - Jeff did his thing but I'll tell you it was a ride that peaked numerous times before it was over. The whole first set was one thrilling mind-blow after another. I actually had written down an Around & Around at the end of that first set before the UJB Reprise. Barraco did an awesome job with HTH and Operator. The second set did not let the first set down - every song melted into the next. Tell>Eleven> D/S > WRS > Let it Grow was really like an hour plus of complex, multi-dimensional jams. It made the China Doll that much sweeter as a bookend for that jam. I have a new favorite DSO show now!!

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Yep, there was an incredible old school Around and Around there. It didn't quite make it into our immediate post-dance collaborative effort. But it sure as hell was a standout among a show of standouts.

This termite mound oven of an airplane is memorable too, but show afterglow will lead me through.

Guest Lisacat

and by the way, Barraco sang Good Lovin and it was soooo good - probably about 20 minutes long. I'm just loving this old school stuff.

The audience Friday night was great but Saturday night seemed to be a huge underage mollyfest and I have never had to get so aggressive in my life at a show. It was a real distraction having to watch a pile of kids grinding and humping eachother to songs like mountains of the moon. I just don't get it.

• Forum MVP

and by the way, Barraco sang Good Lovin and it was soooo good - probably about 20 minutes long. I'm just loving this old school stuff.

The audience Friday night was great but Saturday night seemed to be a huge underage mollyfest and I have never had to get so aggressive in my life at a show. It was a real distraction having to watch a pile of kids grinding and humping eachother to songs like mountains of the moon. I just don't get it.

Sure you do!!! Young hormones raging!!! Drugs and alcohol make your inhibitions take a walk. Music makes you want to move and groove and get it on!!! I'm just sayin'! RB

• Forum MVP

Sure you do!!! Young hormones raging!!! Drugs and alcohol make your inhibitions take a walk. Music makes you want to move and groove and get it on!!! I'm just sayin'! RB

Good Lovin sure gets my blood pumpin... Mountains of the Moon is a horse of a different color, thats when the real animal comes out of course. ;)

Archived