Capitol Theater, 4-18-10

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

Set One Stir It Up ; Cold Rain & Snow ; C.C. Rider > It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry ; Blow Away ; Jack-A-Roe ; It's All Over Now ; Might As Well

Set Two Truckin' > Crazy Fingers > Other One (verse one) > St. Stephen > Drums* > Space > The Harder They Come > Sitting Here In Limbo > Other One (verse 2) > Truckin' reprise

Encore Ripple

Notes: * Ahmer Nizam - DSO drummer alumni on didgeridoo & percussion.

First set is CRAZY good stuff!! Busted out the didgeridoo for drumz, saawweeeeeet. Can't wait to hear about this one.

:dsorocks: :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Set Two Truckin' > Crazy Fingers > Other One (verse one) > St. Stephen > Drums* > Space > The Harder They Come > Sitting Here In Limbo > Other One (verse 2) > Truckin' reprise

ok this is truly genius. What a beautiful blend of songs and eras(and bands...)

....sitting here in limbo, got some time to search my soul.....

• Forum MVP

ok this is truly genius. What a beautiful blend of songs and eras(and bands...)

....sitting here in limbo, got some time to search my soul.....

My thoughts exactly. The Other One Sandwich within the Truckin' sandwich! And this pairing:

Well they tell me of a pie up in the sky > But I know that my faith will lead me on

Jimmy Cliff...thank you.

My thoughts exactly. The Other One Sandwich within the Truckin' sandwich! And this pairing:

Well they tell me of a pie up in the sky > But I know that my faith will lead me on

Jimmy Cliff...thank you.

I'd like to place my order for a JGB sprinkled setlist this weekend...Chuck ...will you be able to make Friday?

Guest Charles from Oregon

This show ripped, Stu cut loose as did everyone else including patrons. My favorite show of the 3 that I saw, Capital Theater is a gem, the only thing they needed was cold beer. Good thing you could come and go as you please, as there are a few close bars to get some refreshments that were cold .Every song was well done throughout, for all 3 shows i witnessed. It's always funny hearing other heads talking about what they thought and heard, what was good and not as good, but they just don't get it, ITS ALL GOOD, thats why this band is so awesome. Keep up the great work! Lisa is the best too!! Thanks again!!

• Forum MVP

This show ripped, Stu cut loose as did everyone else including patrons. My favorite show of the 3 that I saw, Capital Theater is a gem, the only thing they needed was cold beer. Good thing you could come and go as you please, as there are a few close bars to get some refreshments that were cold .Every song was well done throughout, for all 3 shows i witnessed. It's always funny hearing other heads talking about what they thought and heard, what was good and not as good, but they just don't get it, ITS ALL GOOD, thats why this band is so awesome. Keep up the great work! Lisa is the best too!! Thanks again!!

wow, lot's jerry band stuff sprinkled in, LOVE it, safe some for so cal...

• Forum MVP

It's always funny hearing other heads talking about what they thought and heard, what was good and not as good, but they just don't get it, ITS ALL GOOD, thats why this band is so awesome.

But nonetheless, "it's all good" and "what was good and not as good" aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, I think it's more fun that way!

• Forum MVP

Whoops..... missed another. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again was played after Blow Away making the setlist:

Set One Stir It Up ; Cold Rain & Snow ; C.C. Rider > It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry ; Blow Away ; Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again ; Jack-A-Roe ; It's All Over Now ; Might As Well

Encore Ripple

Guest Charles from Oregon

Whoops..... missed another. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again was played after Blow Away making the setlist:

Set One Stir It Up ; Cold Rain & Snow ; C.C. Rider > It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry ; Blow Away ; Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again ; Jack-A-Roe ; It's All Over Now ; Might As Well

Encore Ripple

" Peanuts" theme song before Truckin? with Rob B. and Rob K

Sounds like follks out on the left coast are having a blast and some great shows, All stay safe and enjoy .That set list is NUTS when can us folks on the right coast get some downloads of some shows. Peace Dave :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was shootin at some food,

And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,

Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"

Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"

So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Well now its time to say good by to Jed and all his kin.

And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.

You're all invited back a gain to this locality

To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?.

Guest deliverance

Here's the updated version!

The Ballad of DSO

Sung to the tune of "The Beverly Hillbillies"

Come and listen to a ditty 'bout a band named DSO.

Some Grateful balladeers, they put on quite a show,

Then one day in the middle of a tour,

JK upped and left, he was a tired a bein' poor.

Cash that is, Greenbacks, US Mint.

Well next thing you know JK is way up there.

Bumperstickers now a statin' "John is my Jerry" everywhere.

Phil onstage directin' after all he's seven-ty,

and Jill's a writin' setlists for her Furthur Jamboree.

Weird that is, seems strange, things change.

Well DSO kept rockin' and they brought Jeff Mattson in.

JM plugged his rig in and said "where do we begin?".

He makes love to turkey drumsticks at the Cavey Jubilee,

and Starheads welcomed JM to the Darkstar Family.

DSO that is, dance a spell, steal your face off.

Jellybeans for Y'all now, Y'hear?

Love,

Cavey moon.gif

I like jellybeands and I loves me a whole bunch a caveys turkey drumstick , it got special sauce on it .

Archived