drums

Spanish Jam

Wharf Rat

I Need a Miracle

Good Lovin'

Baby Blue

Filler

Strange Man

Wow. Just saw DSO do this in May...I bet that Wharf Rat killed it...

• Forum MVP

According to Mr Eaton we have never played this show before.

The filler was Strange Man and Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion

Man. I am indeed mistaken and probably a sucker for not finding may way to DC this time. Love the golden road....

• Forum MVP

Loved the show :icon14:! 1st time at that venue... and everything that everyone warned me about that place was spot on.Its obviously a worthwhile endeavor for the band to play there.... and I'll certainly go again to support them.... but for the fans it blows.Packed in like sardines....security over the top.. and a blighted neighborhood.

When I pulled up saw there was a parking lot near the venue...asked the dude how much he said" 25...but you can roll the dice and park on the street for nothing".The highway is for gamblers so I took the street... much to my delight everything was ok with the vehicle when I got back to it. Wish some of that luck could have transpired over to today's NFL schedule.OUCH!!!

Then had to drive back to Central Jersey after the show because I had a family gathering to attend.Well I made it as far as the Maryland House cause I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer....shut my eyes for a sec next thing I know its 0900 and I'm saying "Oh shit I have a Christening to attend in 3 hours.Made it though!!!'

So then I LIMP into the house (somehow I walk away from these shows all beat up)with eyes pinged and my wife asks me "What the hell happened to you"To which I give my normal obligatory reply"Its all Chucks fault"!!"

Well anyway what a beautiful weekend of music :dsorocks: ..... with my beautiful friends.....I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

Now back to the salt mine tomorrow and then I'll do it again at Mexicali!

• Forum MVP

So after hearing all the horror stories about 9:30 Club I decided to throw caution into the wind and give it a shot.

I stayed up stairs the entire time and had a decent amount of room. Easy access to the bar. Never had a problem with security although I certainly saw them on the hunt. My biggest problem with the venue was the Will Call process. So slowwwwww. So overall, not as bad as i thought it would be but it still pales in comparison to Rams Head.

On paper, the 81 set was nice but the 78 from the night before was completely off the charts. Lots of goodies sprinkled through out the whole night that delivered some remarkable moments.

Highlights from the night for me were Must Have Been The Roses, China>Rider, He's Gone, Wharf Rat, Baby Blue, and of course Strange Man. Lisa just sounds so unreal and beautiful on that song. She can belt that tune out and make everyone in the building feel it. It was something to behold...

Can't wait for the Acoustic Set tomorrow night. I'm missing a Biology quiz to go to the show so make it worthwhile for once huh? ;)

• Forum MVP

So after hearing all the horror stories about 9:30 Club I decided to throw caution into the wind and give it a shot.

I stayed up stairs the entire time and had a decent amount of room. Easy access to the bar. Never had a problem with security although I certainly saw them on the hunt. My biggest problem with the venue was the Will Call process. So slowwwwww. So overall, not as bad as i thought it would be but it still pales in comparison to Rams Head.

On paper, the 81 set was nice but the 78 from the night before was completely off the charts. Lots of goodies sprinkled through out the whole night that delivered some remarkable moments.

Highlights from the night for me were Must Have Been The Roses, China>Rider, He's Gone, Wharf Rat, Baby Blue, and of course Strange Man. Lisa just sounds so unreal and beautiful on that song. She can belt that tune out and make everyone in the building feel it. It was something to behold...

Can't wait for the Acoustic Set tomorrow night. I'm missing a Biology quiz to go to the show so make it worthwhile for once huh? ;)

Whats to know in biology!? According to the tea baggers it doesn't exist! We'll bring the biology tonight though!!!!!!! Just sayin! RB

Whats to know in biology!? According to the tea baggers it doesn't exist! We'll bring the biology tonight though!!!!!!! Just sayin! RB

Shame on you, bad influence! I'm makin the big bucks (roll eyes) thanks to my biology background.

Oh wait I was also the one who missed 20 physics classes in one year because of Thursday night $3 pitchers.

Have fun tonight!!!!

• Forum MVP

Shame on you, bad influence! I'm makin the big bucks (roll eyes) thanks to my biology background.

Oh wait I was also the one who missed 20 physics classes in one year because of Thursday night $3 pitchers.

Have fun tonight!!!!

I know the feeling. I decided that I needed a frequent dose of those 'soft sciences' during my undergraduate work: (i.e. social dynamics, event planning, chemistry for poets, biology for lovers, defensive driving, music theory, drug interaction awareness, dynamics of negotiation, critical problem solving, crisis management, debate after 1am, and Etiology of the Community,

There was more education in these pursuits than I ever got from cracking the books. It made for some interesting job interviews way back when.

I think tonight is gonna be something very, very special!

I know the feeling. I decided that I needed a frequent dose of those 'soft sciences' during my undergraduate work: (i.e. social dynamics, event planning, chemistry for poets, biology for lovers, defensive driving, music theory, drug interaction awareness, dynamics of negotiation, critical problem solving, crisis management, debate after 1am, and Etiology of the Community,

There was more education in these pursuits than I ever got from cracking the books. It made for some interesting job interviews way back when.

I think tonight is gonna be something very, very special!

Well I was half serious....I'm one of the few who are working in the field they studied in undergrad (just happens to be biology). But IMO social activities were an important part of college and learning to grow up as long as the other stuff doesn't slide! I was friends with a bunch of 4.0 biology majors who took part in very little social activities and I'm doing just as well as they are! Its all about balance....

• Forum MVP

Well I was half serious....I'm one of the few who are working in the field they studied in undergrad (just happens to be biology). But IMO social activities were an important part of college and learning to grow up as long as the other stuff doesn't slide! I was friends with a bunch of 4.0 biology majors who took part in very little social activities and I'm doing just as well as they are! Its all about balance....

In no way suggesting you were a total slacker. You can't fake Bio too easily from my limited experience. I am glad you found a good balance so that your time held more than just academic experiences for you.

The skipped classes for pitchers comment just seemed to strike a nerve. It made me remember that sometimes I just traded one education for another. My how some things have changed.

In no way suggesting you were a total slacker. You can't fake Bio too easily from my limited experience. I am glad you found a good balance so that your time held more than just academic experiences for you.

The skipped classes for pitchers comment just seemed to strike a nerve. It made me remember that sometimes I just traded one education for another. My how some things have changed.

I didn't take your comment to be that way at all! Sometimes these written dialogues can get cattywompas!

Loved the show :icon14:! 1st time at that venue... and everything that everyone warned me about that place was spot on.Its obviously a worthwhile endeavor for the band to play there.... and I'll certainly go again to support them.... but for the fans it blows.Packed in like sardines....security over the top.. and a blighted neighborhood.

When I pulled up saw there was a parking lot near the venue...asked the dude how much he said" 25...but you can roll the dice and park on the street for nothing".The highway is for gamblers so I took the street... much to my delight everything was ok with the vehicle when I got back to it. Wish some of that luck could have transpired over to today's NFL schedule.OUCH!!!

Then had to drive back to Central Jersey after the show because I had a family gathering to attend.Well I made it as far as the Maryland House cause I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer....shut my eyes for a sec next thing I know its 0900 and I'm saying "Oh shit I have a Christening to attend in 3 hours.Made it though!!!'

So then I LIMP into the house (somehow I walk away from these shows all beat up)with eyes pinged and my wife asks me "What the hell happened to you"To which I give my normal obligatory reply"Its all Chucks fault"!!"

Well anyway what a beautiful weekend of music :dsorocks: ..... with my beautiful friends.....I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

Now back to the salt mine tomorrow and then I'll do it again at Mexicali!

no offense, but it isn't a blighted neighborhood....the surrounding neighborhood and location is probably the best thing about the place...

Archived