Majestic Theatre

redeyedbert

Hometown boy says right on to the Detroit show! Welcome back my friends! Amazing 2-5-78 show which just happened to be the day after my 19th birthday freshman year at college.......I recall the Dead's tour that winter; the short run landed some awesome shows, including what was played last night!

See you all soon and from Detroit with love, 'forever grateful!!! :dsorocks:

Guest vinyldude

Bertha

Good lovin

Brown eyed women

El paso

Tennessee Jed

Sunrise

New minglewood

Friend of the devil

Passenger

Deal

Samson

Scarlet

Fire

Truckin

Drums

Other one

Guest vinyldude

I agree, other one was a true highlight in a pretty hot show. also passenger and, of course, sunrise. my first show with jeff in the garcia slot. i'll admit i was skeptical, but this is a pretty good lineup. looking forward to that free jam this summer in ohio. it's a must every year.

i hope i speak for the entire southeast michigan area when i say we don't see DSO come to these parts nearly enough. last show might have been at emerald theatre a few years back, which was an '83 gem as i recall. and the emerald is a SUPER venue.

play more '73 and '74 shows!!!!

Guest Mr Charley

I agree, it was a fabulous show. The Band was smokin'. Tennessee Jed was so incredible and the female singer, (sorry I forgot her name), totally blew me away ! The Majestic was a great venue, but I wish there had been some seating around for some us older heads. DSO, thanks for coming back to the Motor City, we've missed you. Thank you for a real good time!

• Forum MVP

I agree, it was a fabulous show. The Band was smokin'. Tennessee Jed was so incredible and the female singer, (sorry I forgot her name), totally blew me away ! The Majestic was a great venue, but I wish there had been some seating around for some us older heads. DSO, thanks for coming back to the Motor City, we've missed you. Thank you for a real good time!

Welcome to the forum, Mr Charley. Glad you enjoyed the show. I'm with you about wanting to find some seating somewhere around the sides or back of the venue to rest our old bones. Tonight I get to see our favorite band in Atlanta. I've got a particular spot off to the right side at Varity Playhouse that I make "home base" during shows. I can park in a chair, dance behind the little rail at the edge of a downstep of the floor, or move thru the crowd below to the rail at the band's feet. By the way, the wonderful lady singer's name is Lisa.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Like Doc said, welcome!

And as for Lisa, with the exception of a few benighted souls, she has that effect on everyone, every time she is on that stage...

100245216_0a67fa73eb.jpg

Like Doc said, welcome!

And as for Lisa, with the exception of a few benighted souls, she has that effect on everyone, every time she is on that stage...

100245216_0a67fa73eb.jpg

Indeed... I am always excited when entering a venue to see DSO to find that extra microphone setup, as it means Lisa will grace the stage that night. She gives such a warmth to the band's sound, and her pipes are truly golden. Shows without her are still great, but it makes me feel even more "at home" when she is there. I especially dig her renditions of "Strange Man", "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)", "It Hurts Me Too", and, well, just about everything else she takes the lead on !!!

Topher

Indeed... I am always excited when entering a venue to see DSO to find that extra microphone setup, as it means Lisa will grace the stage that night. She gives such a warmth to the band's sound, and her pipes are truly golden. Shows without her are still great, but it makes me feel even more "at home" when she is there. I especially dig her renditions of "Strange Man", "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)", "It Hurts Me Too", and, well, just about everything else she takes the lead on !!!

Topher

Have yet to catch a Strange Man from Lisa. I need it, bad. She must kill it. They did I'll Be With Thee a couple of nights ago with a special guest. Probably only a special guest song, so a rarity. I like that tune.

Have yet to catch a Strange Man from Lisa. I need it, bad. She must kill it. They did I'll Be With Thee a couple of nights ago with a special guest. Probably only a special guest song, so a rarity. I like that tune.

... Just after submitting my thoughts, I realized I hadn't included something about "I'll Be With Thee", man, what a song !!! I really love listening to the version from the Vic Theatre last year, with Lisa and Donna, such a powerful and soulful tune. :D

• Forum MVP

... Just after submitting my thoughts, I realized I hadn't included something about "I'll Be With Thee", man, what a song !!! I really love listening to the version from the Vic Theatre last year, with Lisa and Donna, such a powerful and soulful tune. :D

topher,i was at that show ,it was amazing believe me

• Forum MVP

Plus Allie, plus TOO>Dew>TOO...one king hell of a show. One king hell of a weekend. But I digress...

Someone miss going to shows a little?? ;)

Let's not forget the the 'i'll be with thee>tangled up in blue' that closed out nye 2009...like a bird that flew.

• Forum MVP

No one... and I really mean no one should question Chuck Vegas on shows he does or does not attend.....

and I don't want to hear... "I was only kidding"

Matt, sometimes those most active get attacked because they have a higher expected show attendance than others. Its all love here, but some of the regulars have been noticeably absent due to other things going on in their lives. Those who barely attend are not really noticed when they're not there.

Archived