Springfield, Ohio - July 13Th !

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

Wednesday...push back to Friday, please.

Lets make a few phone calls Chuck.... if we have to resort to violence we will.... we don't want to but we will .. :blink:

and those of you who have never been the situation in Springfield is as follows:

1. Show is FREE

2. Venue allows you to bring in a cooler full of things like fruit, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages....

3. yes #1 and #2 are true

4. and yes in terms of beverages - adult pops are allowed...

5. it is outdoors in an old school amphitheater ....

• Forum MVP

Yep - I've been hearing good things about this one for years now, and this mid-week stuff has got to stop!

Let me deal with a few things here then we will get on the horn. Violence has been dissed in another thread here, so hopefully that will be the absolutely last resort. But ultimately, "by any means necessary..." Not that anyone wants to disrupt the ebb and flow of the tour.

Just sayin'.

Guest crazy digits

Lets make a few phone calls Chuck.... if we have to resort to violence we will.... we don't want to but we will .. :blink:

and those of you who have never been the situation in Springfield is as follows:

1. Show is FREE

2. Venue allows you to bring in a cooler full of things like fruit, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages....

3. yes #1 and #2 are true

4. and yes in terms of beverages - adult pops are allowed...

5. it is outdoors in an old school amphitheater ....

and #6. I believe it has always been on a wednesday.

• Forum MVP

The Springfield show has been my favorite site for several years ( Nelson Ledges gets a seperate highest rating ).

It's a beautiful city park. Stage is set before some trees. Lots of space for danceing. People sitting are on blankets and occasional folding chair that they bring. There's good draft beer for sale at reasonable prices. I've never noticed drunk obnockous people that sometimes are found at clubs. There seems to be a good number of young fans ...maybe from the local collage... some children and dogs wondering around. Many friends from the mid west gather... Chicago Mike, Suzzue Q, Brad, Big John, Teacher, K..., maybe Keller and Hunter are missing....and of course my good friend The Irish Farie of Ohio and her faimily. She actually lived in that park but moved to West Virgina a couple years ago. The band apparently picks up on the good mood and friendly vibs of the park.... good show with lots of dancening music.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The Springfield show has been my favorite site for several years ( Nelson Ledges gets a seperate highest rating ).

It's a beautiful city park. Stage is set before some trees. Lots of space for danceing. People sitting are on blankets and occasional folding chair that they bring. There's good draft beer for sale at reasonable prices. I've never noticed drunk obnockous people that sometimes are found at clubs. There seems to be a good number of young fans ...maybe from the local collage... some children and dogs wondering around. Many friends from the mid west gather... Chicago Mike, Suzzue Q, Brad, Big John, Teacher, K..., maybe Keller and Hunter are missing....and of course my good friend The Irish Farie of Ohio and her faimily. She actually lived in that park but moved to West Virgina a couple years ago. The band apparently picks up on the good mood and friendly vibs of the park.... good show with lots of dancening music.

Peace and Love,

Doc

I have been lucky enough to make all the shows at this annual (I think they missed one year) dancefest. Voted #1 single show recurring venue by me!

Always see lots of my DSO friends.

• 3 months later...

Who is going to be at the show besides the Teacher ??

3 hours from my house. I have work at 5am on Thursday so I guess I'm out.

I'm on this project that needs to go well Tuesday and Wednesday. If that happens I'm gonna ask my boss if I can come in late on Thursday. Doubtful it goes well if last week is any indication.

• Forum MVP

Joseph.

Dodge mini van parked in the handicap spot and oxygen tank in hand ... I always love seeing Joseph , plus I know I'm at the right place when I see him !!!

Joseph should be a member on the DSO forum , but I know he's way too busy following DSO ALL over the country !!!

• Forum MVP

Dodge mini van parked in the handicap spot and oxygen tank in hand ... I always love seeing Joseph , plus I know I'm at the right place when I see him !!!

Joseph should be a member on the DSO forum , but I know he's way too busy following DSO ALL over the country !!!

Just saw Joseph 3 shows straight peddaling cookies to make the airfare to AK. He is ALL in!

• Forum MVP

I am going to head down to Columbus tomorrow in the early evening...

going to spend some time on campus at Ohio State... then I am not rushing Wednesday to get to the show...

got a great bar that I have been going to since my oldest brother Jimmy was a student in the early 80s ... "Out R Inn" ... all are welcome to join ... :cheers:

Archived