Ticketmaster--Wtf?

neutrino

Although my latest experience was with Furthur ticket sales, this applies to all sales with Ticketmaster/Live Nation. Thus I'm including it in the General Discussion. For two days in a row, I tried to get really good seats for the Shoreline shows. I was in within 5 seconds on both the presale yesterday, and the general sale today. Today, there were no tickets in the lower 100s section when I tried for the Friday show today. Yesterday, I got some pretty good 103 tickets for the Saturday show after rejecting a number of offers for some on the complete outer edge. There were no 102 seats ever available!! Who the fuck gets these? I find it hard to believe that the whole 102 section, as well as the better 101 and 103 seats are sold out in the first 10 seconds of the presale. . I always see these seats available from online ticket scalpers. Does Ticketmaster have some kind of deal with them? Something really stinks here

Although my latest experience was with Furthur ticket sales, this applies to all sales with Ticketmaster/Live Nation. Thus I'm including it in the General Discussion. For two days in a row, I tried to get really good seats for the Shoreline shows. I was in within 5 seconds on both the presale yesterday, and the general sale today. Today, there were no tickets in the lower 100s section when I tried for the Friday show today. Yesterday, I got some pretty good 103 tickets for the Saturday show after rejecting a number of offers for some on the complete outer edge. There were no 102 seats ever available!! Who the fuck gets these? I find it hard to believe that the whole 102 section, as well as the better 101 and 103 seats are sold out in the first 10 seconds of the presale. . I always see these seats available from online ticket scalpers. Does Ticketmaster have some kind of deal with them? Something really stinks here

Something is definately afoot, I went to the venue the day the tickets went on sale at Hampton for next Friday's Furthur show. I was second in line and the best they had was 6th row on the right side of the stage. At least I'll be in front of John :lol:

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

I agree that TicketBastard sucks. I've gotten to the point to where I try to avoid giving them $$ whenever possible.

As for Furthur tix, I will say that I've done GDTS mail order for both shows that I've seen. Last year I was front row center, this year 3rd row center. Make sure you postmark it on the first day and they will likely reward you with great seats.

• Forum MVP

Got the same complaint!!! Happened when I used Phish site for DTE presale and the best I got was freaking lawn seats. Phish had a prepay, none refundable hook. And forget about Furthur ever time it's none available. I was so pissed If I knew where home office location was, I'd be tempted to go either kick some ass or get mine kicked.

Neutrino -- Same story for me. I'm not driving down to Mountain View during consecutive nights to see Furthur but I did want to go down on Sat to see JK play at Shoreline for the first time.

I got 103 O for Sat thru Furthur preorder. Fair.

The 102s weren't there but they don't need to be. The 102s go to friends/family and the section is always half empty. I plan on walking over to 102 C as soon as the show starts...

• Forum MVP

The 102s weren't there but they don't need to be. The 102s go to friends/family and the section is always half empty. I plan on walking over to 102 C as soon as the show starts...

102 E...or D.

I can't remember!

That is not good.

• Forum MVP

bet you $1 that it's pre-pre-sold to Brokers before the gen pop ever gets a chance to buy them. I just looked up Blues Traveler July 4th @ Red Rocks $47 for the ticket and $10.50 for "convenience" fees. Convenience, my ass, convenience is them allowing me to lube up before they F me.

bet you $1 that it's pre-pre-sold to Brokers before the gen pop ever gets a chance to buy them. I just looked up Blues Traveler July 4th @ Red Rocks $47 for the ticket and $10.50 for "convenience" fees. Convenience, my ass, convenience is them allowing me to lube up before they F me.

I just took a look on ebay. There is one broker with five listings for pairs of section 102 seats. The best is in row cc (third row) for $1400 !!! All the other section 102 seats are in the first 6 rows. In addition, he has other listings in the first couple of rows in sections 101 and 103. There is no way in hell this guy got his hands on all those choice seats punching away on his keyboard like the rest of us. There has to be some scummy relationship between Live Nation and these scalpers.

• Forum MVP

I bet if you read the Ticketbastard TOS you'll find some fine print buried that reads "ticketbastard, at it's discretion can pre-sell blocks of tickets to registered groups prior to general onsale dates" or "ticketbastard at it's discretion can fuckover it's loyal patrons for any reason at any time"

how about a tee-shirt "Ticketbastard....conveniently screwing you over 1 concert at a time"

Glad to see this pointed out, not that we can do anything about it.

I have been shut out of every Ticketbastard / LiveRapin attempt to get decent tickets to Furthur and especially Phish at the instant the sale kicks off, without fail.

Yet as an Ebayer I go on within days, sometimes hours, and see azzhole resellers with entire blocks of consecutive pit tickets (like first 5 rows) with "up to 15 available" -- "Buy It Now!"....for $500 of course, or worse.

Looky is onto something. I bet they also have a clause that allows them to profit from re-sales without any recourse for the performers who make it all possible in the first place but get screwed out of their fair share of the ultimate price achieved by these predatory sludge and their shady little subsidiaries.

The people doing this stuff are pretty frickin' scummy. Sadly the result of their avaricious assholery is to put some of our favorite live music performances out of reach for those without the means or an irrational willingness to blow obscene cash for the experience (or even just the occasional treat of being anywhere near the stage for once).

DSO is the best damn thing going as far as the blessed absence of such shite as these organized ticket rapings...not to mention DSO is the best thing going as far as pretty much everything else!!

• Advisory Board

Ticketbastard has a few "sister companies" that buy all the good seats, and then broker them off at 5x the price... complete bullshit... I remember Bruce Springsteen taking Ticketbastard to a New Jersey State Congressional hearing a few years ago, and of course, nothing was done about it... I'm sure Ticketbastard gave the New Jersey Congress a huge contribution for something and it all went away...

Fuck those asshole at Ticketbastard, and of course, the lovely state of New Jersey...

I actually sent an email to ticketmaster and asked how it is that within an hour of a presale, the best seats in the house are on ebay for over $1000 for a pair? Do they have a business relationship with scalpers? This was there reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. Ticketmaster sells tickets on behalf of promoters. That being said, we are not the only ticket company that sells tickets. The tickets we sell are allowed to us by the promoters. There maybe times where we do not sell all the seats to an event and only have a limited number of tickets available. There are times where the promoter holds tickets to an event that they release to who they want. Ticketmaster does not provide seats to scalpers with the intention of selling tickets. We sincerely regret for any inconvenience.

If you need anything else, we're always here for you - just click reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com.

Thanks for being a fan!"

----------------

This is likely complete bullshit. He had no explanation for how individual ebayers have multiple listings for all these seats in the first few rows in the center section. However, there is one other explanation suggested by his reply, which is that the band organization holds these tickets and then scalps them to make more money. I can't rule that rather disgusting alternative option out. If true, you have to wonder if the band members themselves are in on this, or it is some of their staff? I'd like to think it is the latter, but who knows?

I remember the good ol days of camping out at the venue and being one of the first 10 people in line and getting first or second row. You can't even do that anymore, those fucking asshole ticketbastard, ticket broker, whatever you want to call em. They're all a bunch-a pond scum bottom feeders. Just once I'd like to be able to put in the time and will it takes to tough out one of these sales and get first row again...oh, the good ol' days...Convenience charge???? sometimes it is 50% of the ticket face value, they should call it "pay for my kids college charge"

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

TicketsWest is just as bad as ticketbastard.. they wanted almost 10 in fees on top of a 20 dollar ticket for eugene.. THATS FUCKING 50%!!!!

However!!! i checked the McDonald website, and they sell tickets directly online for only $2 in fees!

Archived