Europe 72 Box Set

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

The Dead played less than 3,000 shows--did you happen to count seeing Garcia as literally seeing him on stage? I.e. *looks at Garcia* 1, *looks at Phil, then back at Jerry* 2...

Jerry Garcia played with bands other than the GD.

Check out JGB and LOM first, for some real good stuff.

:)

The Dead played less than 3,000 shows--did you happen to count seeing Garcia as literally seeing him on stage? I.e. *looks at Garcia* 1, *looks at Phil, then back at Jerry* 2...

:rofl::rofl:

Seems like a stretch, but a great way to up one's Jerry count!

Now, I did see the GD several times in the 70s where the New Riders opened with Jerry on Pedal Steel. I think that might be a legitimate 2fer by most criteria.

• Forum MVP

:rofl::rofl:

Seems like a stretch, but a great way to up one's Jerry count!

Now, I did see the GD several times in the 70s where the New Riders opened with Jerry on Pedal Steel. I think that might be a legitimate 2fer by most criteria.

That must have been sweet.

Love the sound of the NRPS circa the '70's (especially w/ Jerry!).

• Forum MVP

What gorgeous packaging! I finally straightened out the problem that had tied up our order, and we should have it this week. I don't know what number we are, but it has to be among the very early orders. Very excitedly anticipating!!! Thanks for showing photos.

• Forum MVP

So my wife, daughter and I opened the box from Deadnet and the room was very hushed (I asked that of them) and lo and behold...one of the biggest jewels any record label has ever decided to bestow on a fan crazed audience:

The European Grateful Dead tour or 1972!!

I'll be making copies of these shows for all forever.

DSC_0104_.jpg

DSC_0092_.jpg

DSC_0109_.jpg

I can look at these photos for a long time.... jealous ..

I am going to send you my address and in return a check for discs, postage, and time .... if the offer is there .... wow ... :wacko:

• 3 months later...

Archived