Dso Vs. Furthur

sakada

man, i am SOOOOOOOOOO tired of this unnecessary "rivalry"....seems like everyone picks a side and then wants to pull everyone else to that "side"...{btw, the topic's title is SPECIFIC to the negativity i keep seeing around here}

for me, the TRUTH stands in light of itself...I LOVE THE GRATEFUL DEAD, period...the word according to the Prophet St. Jerome is my muse...

what i know is that i LOVE to dance to GD {& JGB} music. It's where I find "GOD" in MYSELF... When said music is provided, be it Furthur/DSO/Melvin & JGB, i am infinitely appreciative !!! i don't recall having a "bad" time at ANY of it, due to the music...granted, sometimes my own head gets in the way et. al., but that's on ME...

and for what it's worth, GOD BLESS SANTA CRUZ GD DANCES !!! { <-sorry, hadda say it}

y'all have your opinions...the above stated is MINE. :wacko:

p.s. i surely hope this does NOT turn into the same old "bitch about the other band {or thoughts so regarding}" negativity thread...i'm looking for middle ground, people !!! you know, the basic premise of why we have ANY of it....

man, i am SOOOOOOOOOO tired of this unnecessary "rivalry"....seems like everyone picks a side and then wants to pull everyone else to that "side"...{btw, the topic's title is SPECIFIC to the negativity i keep seeing around here}

for me, the TRUTH stands in light of itself...I LOVE THE GRATEFUL DEAD, period...the word according to the Prophet St. Jerome is my muse...

what i know is that i LOVE to dance to GD {& JGB} music. It's where I find "GOD" in MYSELF... When said music is provided, be it Furthur/DSO/Melvin & JGB, i am infinitely appreciative !!! i don't recall having a "bad" time at ANY of it, due to the music...granted, sometimes my own head gets in the way et. al., but that's on ME...

and for what it's worth, GOD BLESS SANTA CRUZ GD DANCES !!! { <-sorry, hadda say it}

y'all have your opinions...the above stated is MINE. :wacko:

p.s. i surely hope this does NOT turn into the same old "bitch about the other band {or thoughts so regarding}" negativity thread...i'm looking for middle ground, people !!! you know, the basic premise of why we have ANY of it....

You might want to consider that the title of this thread in and of itself is provocative...I say let sleeping dogs lie...can't beat adead horse...been there done this...water under the bridge...etc...you catch my drift...

You might want to consider that the title of this thread in and of itself is provocative...I say let sleeping dogs lie...can't beat adead horse...been there done this...water under the bridge...etc...you catch my drift...

apparently it is NOT "water under the bridge" as it is CONSTANT...

but fine, i guess i'll keep my mouth shut...that'd be "by example" around here, huh? i can only call it as i see it...which is exactly what MUCH has come to on the forum here...keeps goin 'round n 'round...and quite frankly, maybe i shoulda just said GOD BLESS THE GRATEFUL DEAD as the topic title...and left it at that ???

or....RED SOX vs. YANKEES ??!!!??? :rofl:

• Forum MVP

but fine, i guess i'll keep my mouth shut...that'd be "by example" around here, huh? i can only call it as i see it...which is exactly what MUCH has come to on the forum here...keeps goin 'round n 'round...and quite frankly, maybe i shoulda just said GOD BLESS THE GRATEFUL DEAD as the topic title...and left it at that ???

Go Sox!! I for one don't give a hoot about either band :] Music is music and as long as it's played well with heart and soul all is good!! Joshua, stop stirring the pot!!!!! Or no Napa Cab for you!! See ya soon RB

Go Sox!! I for one don't give a hoot about either band :] Music is music and as long as it's played well with heart and soul all is good!! Joshua, stop stirring the pot!!!!! Or no Napa Cab for you!! See ya soon RB

oooh, what a threat...you know i'm partial to old world {especially northern italian} wines...as for the Sox, i'd like see them NOT choke away 9+ games lead in the Wild Card race {as of 9/1}....it sets up Sox vs. Yankees in the playoffs {where the real bitchin' starts}...but that's neither here nor there...

playing to my point, FUN, i found a NY Times interview w/ Bob Weir regarding the release of the Europe '72 box set...i like this quote:

"Ah, you know, we were having fun. One of the things about that run, we were playing to new faces. That's both challenging and rewarding. There's a fun factor involved with that, especially when you're lighting them up. And we were doing that with pretty good success." ~ Bob Weir~

• Forum MVP

if you don't want the pot stirred....

then why did you put the ingredients in the pot along with a big spoon to stir it ???

just does not make sense to me....

anywho ... Saw DSO earlier this month at the Werk Festival ... plan on going to see Furthur here in Las Vegas on the 4th of October

:wacko:

Jerry has a tent ?? ... I could have swore he was a non outdoor type .... :unsure:

if you don't want the pot stirred....

then why did you put the ingredients in the pot along with a big spoon to stir it ???

just does not make sense to me....

anywho ... Saw DSO earlier this month at the Werk Festival ... plan on going to see Furthur here in Las Vegas on the 4th of October

:wacko:

Jerry has a tent ?? ... I could have swore he was a non outdoor type .... :unsure:

1. i never said anything about any pot being stirred...just voicing myself {as seems to be a right} in that i'd like to see a cease in the negativity towards each other here...{lots of opinions, few good reading skills, apparently}

2.non-outdoor type? i KNOW he LOVED scuba !!!

• Forum MVP

On the subject of the Yankees and Red Sox I can strongly recommend "Summer of '49" by David Halberstam. This surely is something we can all get behind. Ted Williams, Jolting Joe, post-war bonus babies and old-school vets, first TV broadcasts...it was a time of the changing of the guard. One of the great pennant races. A little something for us all.

Isn't that the point?

Just my opinion, BUT......

The only constant is that there is an incrediable about of Quality GD music currently being performed by multiple bands!

The variable that keeps changing is who brings out the"POT" and stirs ,only to slink off snickering !

Peace to All & See Ya' on the Road,

Rob

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

On the subject of the Yankees and Red Sox I can strongly recommend "Summer of '49" by David Halberstam. This surely is something we can all get behind. Ted Williams, Jolting Joe, post-war bonus babies and old-school vets, first TV broadcasts...it was a time of the changing of the guard. One of the great pennant races. A little something for us all.

Isn't that the point?

Haven't heard of this but will definitely get it as soon as I can. I can't get enough of this stuff. Having never been able to watch the likes of Mays, Koufax, Dimaggio, Gibson and Williams, I'm always glued to stuff like this, whether it's books, movies or videos.

My wife and I have been watching some incredible documentaries of late...two on both Williams and Mantle (HBO I think). Just watching the old game footage is pretty amazing for me. Matle's FURIOUS swings at the plate are unreal! I've never seen anyone get that much behind a swing. I had seen it in the films but not as clearly as in these shots, and the same goes for Williams gorgeous stroke. I love baseball but it just seemed so much more romantic back then, with places like Ebbets field and those fans in Brooklyn.

I would also recommend Ken Burns' 10th inning, which is his last effort in his baseball story telling and it's really good too--that guy can tell a story.

• Forum MVP

I would also recommend Ken Burns' 10th inning, which is his last effort in his baseball story telling and it's really good too--that guy can tell a story.

When the "10th Inning" came out, it also got me watching innings 1-9, none of which I had seen (and recently available on Netflix streaming). Very worthwhile. The original documentary series was done in 1994, and there were a number of folks that it's great they interviewed while they were still with us.

• Forum MVP

How bout a DSO vs Furthur ball game with Gans at the mic....

...Whoa that's a base-clearing ball off Lesh's big bass!

...Mattson's fastball is clocking in at .9c. Kadlecik will really have to keep his eyes open to hit that one.

...and it's a double play, score that one Chimenti to Becker to Russo

...Awesome diving catch by Rosen in center field

...Here comes Eaton to the plate. Is he pointing to the left field wall????

:) sounds like fun doesn't it??

• Forum MVP

...Mattson's fastball is clocking in at .9c. Kadlecik will really have to keep his eyes open to hit that one.

I could see some serious jamming on the National Anthem before the game, and the 7th inning stretch might be interesting.

Screw 'em both, as far as I'm concerned :wacko:

Now, I had some live Vassar Clements on at work the other day (thanks, Wolfgang's Vault!)...holy moley is that stuff AWESOME! It was recorded in 1976, but I swear it sounded like something I could have heard Greensky Bluegrass or String Cheese play YESTERDAY. It had such a modern sound to it...WOW!

• Forum MVP

Isn't that the point?

That is where my book is at .... I lent that to you Chuck what 2 years ago ?? ....

who's on 1st ? what?

• Forum MVP

That is where my book is at .... I lent that to you Chuck what 2 years ago ?? ....

Naw, just the start of last summer. I've got stuff that I've loaned out for a lot longer. I think our Bible reads "neither a borrower nor a lender be." That's honored about as much as the 10 Commandments. And it will come back to you fivefold. Or something like that.

Go Cards!

Archived