12/31/2012 Setlist

Taper Ron

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Exactly my point. As much as Butch rocks, they need some stability and growing in that band. BUT, for being a "bar band" they can be fun when there's nothing else going on.

Speaking of Estimated Prophet, what's the deal with me not hearing that song at all on the new years run and the last tour?!?!

:dsorocks: estimated prophet

• Forum MVP

Splintered was ok. Too much back up vocals from key board player and the butchering of one of the cheesier brent songs to begin with, tons of steel, really brings down the show. I lose interest during the 2 Cowboy songs. On the other hand, it was good to dance. Bring back the wiley ol guy on keys Splintered.

Now compared to DSO new years, absolute SNOOZEFEST

• Forum MVP

Alright boys lets calm down here. No one is comparing them DSO(well, some people might but if you compare recordings there is no comparison). And yes, the keyboard player needs to tone down those backup vocals. He sounds like Brent with his testicles removed. He also couldn't seem more disinterested in playing the music which I find offensive. All that being said, I will continue to support them and the dancing is always fun.

• Forum MVP

sounds like Brent with his testicles removed... couldn't seem more disinterested in playing the music which I find offensive... support them and... always fun.

Riiiiiiiiiiight

You in for JGB at the brooklyn bowl in March? If possible, I'll try to come down for a philly show or two.

What about you Rick?

• Forum MVP

Riiiiiiiiiiight

You in for JGB at the brooklyn bowl in March? If possible, I'll try to come down for a philly show or two.

What about you Rick?

This is starting to turn into a personal conversation, but, fuck yes!!

• Forum MVP

I have alot of respect for Butchy he's been around a long time, and he can play. Splintered is good when Tom Donovan is playing rhythm, I think that Leyden dude who steps in for him is subpar. I will only go and see them when TD is there, which isn't to often these days. Suprised that you guys weren't at the Mickey Hart Band show in Beth......his band is

fun fun fun!!. No airplanes for me....so I'm gonna have to bide my time for awhile before my next DSO show. Later skaters.

• Forum MVP

I am toying with the idea of three nights at the GAMH in SF. Wanna come Greg?!

Does anyone know who's playing guitar with JGB right now? I loved that new guy!

Dave Hebert is now JGB's guitarist. I was also impessed with him.

This was also the last time we saw Kim before she moved to Cali. I miss her.

• Forum MVP

When I look back on my glowing career I had on the Varsity Team I can only smile and say to myself "Wow Matt, you put up 30 a night with ease ...and the entire time wearing a smile" ...

I have accepted the fact that I am unable to play and entire 162 games ... and entire 82 games ... the brutal 16 game schedule ..... BUT ... I can still hit a double every once in a go ... knock down the 3pt shot off the dribble or throw that winning TD pass ..... every once in a go ....

• Advisory Board

Speak for yourself, herdy. How many shows did you hit this year? ;)

Granted I have not hit my usual 50-60 shows a year for the past 2 years, but I'm still on the Varsity team... 2011 I hit 17 shows... since the cost of gas has gone sky high, plane tickets are CRAZY expensive!

Im sending you guys down to AA! We need some heavy hitters up here. RB

if you f*ckers would come out west a little more than 4 weeks a year, you'd see a few more heavy hitters. :P or one at least.

Archived