BLAIR JACKSON ARTICLE

August West

• Forum MVP

since I am on the topic of the summer '91 tour....

does anybody have a copy of 6.17.1991 at Giants Stadium they would like to burn and pass on to the old Teacher ?

Eyes of the World opener .... first Eyes in a first set since 75....

I recall that show a little .. I should I was there .. I think ... :D

• Forum MVP

It is kind of a "you had to be there" thing. Well, OK, maybe you didn't have to, but situation ethics and all that...

yeah , you had to be there to understand the whole thing and appreciate it ... 4/13/86 -second night @ Irvine Meadows Phil closes the night with " Box Of Rain " , the crowd went nuts , me too !!!

• Forum MVP

since I am on the topic of the summer '91 tour....

does anybody have a copy of 6.17.1991 at Giants Stadium they would like to burn and pass on to the old Teacher ?

Eyes of the World opener .... first Eyes in a first set since 75....

I recall that show a little .. I should I was there .. I think ... :D

This show was shown on a concert TV show called "In Concert" and the included the Eyes segment

• Forum MVP

This show was shown on a concert TV show called "In Concert" and the included the Eyes segment

the in concert segment showed the dead playing 3 tunes ,i forget what other 2 songs other then the eyes but one of em was from the 1st night and they are all wearing the same cloths ,pretty funny ,either they were up all night or they dressed for the filming which i doubt

• Forum MVP

In Concert - I know they played St. of Circumstance in addition the the Eyes. I think the other may have been UJB......not sure.

no saint either show ,the song from the nite before could of been the miracle or throwing stones but i m not really sure

• Forum MVP

One:

Eyes of the World >

Walking Blues

Brown-Eyed Women

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Loose Lucy

Cassidy >

Might As Well

Two:

Tuning >

Saint of Circumstance >

Ship of Fools >

Dark Star Tease >

Truckin' >

New Speedway Boogie >

Uncle John's Band >

Jam >

Drums >

Space >

China Doll >

Playin' reprise >

Sugar Magnolia

Encore:

The Weight

Unless we are talking about a different show...I thought I remembered them playing Saint. They could have played zippeddy-do-dah and may have been none the wiser (at least that day).

• Forum MVP

yeah , you had to be there to understand the whole thing and appreciate it ... 4/13/86 -second night @ Irvine Meadows Phil closes the night with " Box Of Rain " , the crowd went nuts , me too !!!

Indeed, was in attendance 3/20/86 Hampton for the first Box since 73 and the place went ape shit. When you get a RARE taste of something special, you yearn for it. When something special explodes all over you, permeates every crevice, gets in your hair and all down in your ears, it's glow diminishes.

• Forum MVP

One:

Eyes of the World >

Walking Blues

Brown-Eyed Women

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Loose Lucy

Cassidy >

Might As Well

Two:

Tuning >

Saint of Circumstance >

Ship of Fools >

Dark Star Tease >

Truckin' >

New Speedway Boogie >

Uncle John's Band >

Jam >

Drums >

Space >

China Doll >

Playin' reprise >

Sugar Magnolia

Encore:

The Weight

Unless we are talking about a different show...I thought I remembered them playing Saint. They could have played zippeddy-do-dah and may have been none the wiser (at least that day).

sorry,yes there was a saint

Archived