McDonald Theatre > Eugene

Tea

• Forum MVP

DSO Recreated:

8/28/82 Oregon Country Fairgrounds Veneta OR

One:

Bertha > New Minglewood Blues ; Tennessee Jed ; Me And My Uncle > Big River ; Althea ; It's All Over Now ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Two:

Keep Your Day Job > Man Smart ; West L.A. Fadeaway ; Far From Me > Playing In The Band > Drums > Space > The Wheel > The Other One > Truckin' > Black Peter > Playing In The Band > One More Saturday Night

Encore Dupree's Diamond Blues

Filler: *Palm Sunday > Cat's Under The Stars

Notes: *DSO debut

Love me some Palm Sunday ever since I heard the JGB tape of them blowing out the Warner Theatre. That 2nd set looks like Eaton was VERY busy!!! Hopefully there was some dancin space for this one.

• Forum MVP

The Palm Sunday breakout on the very day was beautiful. I'm not up to clarity posting from a phone at the airport, but I will say these shows were a reminder of why we do whatever it is we do.

And while I had all the room I needed when I need it in Portland (the dance gods smiled), not everyone was so blessed. Last night offered more room for all who wanted it. The lobby there is very kind.

Don't forget to say hi to Winky!

Was at the original, quite the scene out there in Eugene, was the 10th anniversary of some Ken Kesey-related event which I can't quite seem to remember.

Still remember the Dupree's encore though.

Sure DSO did justice to it all as they always do!

• Forum MVP

DSO in Eugene is like,,,like,,,,like,,,,,oh I'm too damn spaced to come up with any worthy analogy but the situation kicks some serious ass...

I had a fantastic time throughout this entire show--the playing was top notch all the way through and the band was clearly having a blast...

Was really nice to have plenty of space to dance and groove after the northerly gigs and the cultural shifts between Seattle and Oregon are rather extreme meaning that the further south you go, the looser it gets of course,,,,

What's obvious is that the band is made up of well-honed top notch musicians....what's maybe not obvious is that they are also freaking wizards.....Starting in portland the wizardry element strarted getting pretty heavy and was laid on thick throughout Eugene....I love the undercurrents of wizardry sliding along wildly underneath the incredible music being dished up....impossible to use words but a feeble attempt nonetheless...

The spring cleanse feels VERY complete, even knowing that I will not make it any further south for now. These four shows did the job that I always hope for: clear out the winter and open up into spring....thin out the deadwood for new growth to come in....stir up the soil so that seeds that were silent can burst into bloom

I love this ritual and my gratitude is overflowing....huge thanks, once again, to you DSO for making the magic happen....it's just sooo damn potent and we are all sooo lucky to intertwine together in this way....thank you thank you thank you...

Always such a pleasure to dip into the Oregon beauty....

• Forum MVP

May I add...........If anybody still has any doubts about Jeff, please go listen to this show. Paticularly the Black Peter.

The band was en fuego, and they they just kept going higher and higher all night.

And I really dug the strong Drumz!

And the way they sent us out with Cats Under The Stars was just exactly perfect......

• Forum MVP

"You've got an empty cup.... only love can fill"

After the Eugene show, my cup overfloweth!!

This band and this family is truly a blessing...and this weekend we were feeling the love!! DSO is at the top of their game, and this show was the best DSO show I have seen in years. Mattson is so locked in with the band, it's simply glorious. The whole band is just so damn tight! They can turn on a dime. Also, Mattson's 80's guitar work was amazing!!! I mean, I'm ready for an all 80's tour.. it was sooooo fucking good. He's really got all the little 80's guitar phrasings down. Down pat!

And if you hadn't heard- DSO is rocking a new sound board this tour. Consequentially, the sound in Eugen was 10/10. TOP NOTCH!!! I don't know if it was the room/system or the new sound board or both, but Eugene may have offered the fullest, most perfect sound I have ever heard at a DSO show. Everyone there agreed- it was fan-fucking-tastic. The sound truly enabled a peak experience. I have never heard a truckin crescendo like this one. SO FUCKING INTENSE!!!

Highlights: New Minglewood Blues, Far From Me > Playing In The Band, The Wheel > The Other One, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Palm Sunday > Cat's Under The Stars. (playin and o1 were SUPER trippy..."SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK" as bix would say)

Thanks so much to the band, the crew, and the family for another one of the best musical weekends of my life.

• Forum MVP

I completely agree with all that you say jfolks.

I also wanted to say that it was a real pleasure to meet more friendly folk from around these parts--I look forward to more down the line!

Meanwhile, this sack of bones is whipped although my spirit is flying high after an incredible NW run,,,

Gratitude, :):):)

• Advisory Board

So bummed I missed that run :(

Glad you all had fun though!!

Jordan, hope to see you sooner then later, pal!

Chuck, glad you finally got to see a few shows, you've been on hiatus way to long! :)

Archived