Hotel DSO New Year's Eve: Best Western Woodbury

lookyloo

I just got done talking to the guy at the Woodbury. Apparently due to it being NYE and in the NYC area limo/bus rental prices are astronomical, makes sense. He told me him and his friends are renting a hummer limo and he said it is costing them $850!!! Um...anyone own a bus?. We can maybe do a reasonable price if we really got a lot of people, but it sounds like it would be a ton. We can always just form a cool caravan and troop on down to the venue, Thoughts? Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Sorry the hotel is sold out but it is just about 2 week away from NYE. About the lack of rooms, Sandy is a bitch. Regarding the shuttle bus, I worked one out for everyone, posted the information, and nobody replied so I told him we were not interested. If you find rates online you need to confirm live on the phone as most places have just not updated their sites since Sandy hit. The information regarding the shuttle bus is in my office at work and I'm taking the day with my girls. I'll call them tomorrow to see if it's still available.

Peace and strength to all

http://www.swanview.com/

This place is in cold spring harbor and the closet you can get to venue but I think its a bit of a dump its in a great area and on the water.

You can get a shuttle bus from the venue to the train station there is a orange and white taxi is located in the train station you could also consider taking the train the syossett its not very fair from that hotel in woodbury would make for a shorter taxi ride

I just canceled my rm at the Best Western and moved over to the Whitman Motor lodge, so if anyone needs a rm at the BW - there's one available - 5:45pm Dec 21.

There ar still a few rooms available at the Whitman, too. $125/night, same with the Chalet. Just talked to them. The Chalet won't accept any cancelations for NYE, though, so once you book there, it appears that you're stuck.

• 10 months later...
  • Forum MVP

My contact is in today but was not available so I left her a message.

Yeaaaa!!!!  Thanks for working this out, or trying too!!!    

Curious, how did the bus or charter work out last year, or did everyone cab it?

Another question----------how is the dance space for New Years?

are we all packed, or is there room to spread wings!!

Looking forward to New Years Run!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

And I can not wait to spread them a mile long. NYE show. I awoke this morning not excited about the weeds women, but for DSO bringing me into the New Years. I am just as excited for that than I am for JITS!!!!

GOOD morning brothas sistas!!!! Hope my excitement starts feeding others:)

• Forum MVP

I ended up taking a $100 cab ride after the New Year's show last year.  Cabs were scarce and bidding wars ensued.  NYC is not a great place for a bidding war.  I would certainly consider throwing in on a bus to get us to and from the venue on New Year's Eve.

BTW, the cab held 8 and got 8 of us back to the hotel.

It was really hard to find a cab there. I'm in for the bus, plus the whole symbolism of a bus kinda gets me excited!

Hell yeah Sunny, it sure was a real good time last year! The nice thing about New Years run is there is a bunch of really great people all doing the run too and then you get this whole caravan thing going and then there is the sublime music to complete the picture.

See you all soon!

• Forum MVP

Now Now.....I was cutting blue grass the other day, and while playing with my chainsaw, there were times the sky was green, then purple, and I think I got great reds, and the clouds had these geometric patterns that were fucking fabulous!!!

Everything is relative to me, to bad the law does not see it in sobriety, or I would drive a bus load of hippies to the moon and back:}  But really, me at a .16 is like others as they sip their first drink.

WE are different, and it just seems my body is like a internal combustible engine.  The more fuel the more energy:}!!!

HAHAHA------sorry morning hang over fun!!!   My neighborhood rocks for Halloween, cause all the adults dress up and get wasted!!!    Sucks.  My wife was wonder women, with the boots and short dress on a windy night.    There is a reason I am not divorced yet:}

Thread drift sorry--------Please check on a bus.      I am not familure with the area, but I bet I can rent a van, and find a person to drive it for the night!!!!!   Maybe even get him/her a ticket for show.  Any Wharf Rats out there game?

Several runs should do it for a 15 person van?   Just a thought.  My concern is everyone keeps their safety in check, and their money in their pockets for future shows:}!!!!!

I so look forward to dancing soon!!!   Have a great weekend sistas and brothas------we are getting close:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived