Dog Fish Head to release a Grateful Dead beer

Herdygerdy

• Forum MVP

Dogfish Head, while they make some great beer (love the 90 min IPA), make some downright weird ones as well. I suppose this thread is case in point. Stuff like raisons, lemongrass, coriander - all kinds of fruits and spices really. Not the things I look for in my beer. But for folks generally fond of "holiday beers" these concoctions could be right up their alley.

In any event, they should have a Grateful Dead beer. I'll look forward to checking out the packaging, even if I will be terrified to actually drink it. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

I love the 60, 90, and of course the 120min!!!!

I only get to drink the 120 once a weekend, but always worth the wait!!! Might have to bring a pony 60 to Jubilee!!!

Yea---no sweet beers:{ Keep the hops high, and the spice to a min!! Only other variety I can see working with GD would be a nice Oatmal Stout. Something complex, yet bold and not overpowering.

Would love to get the rights to make a GD beer---anyhow-------Its got to be much better than their Egyptian Ale:{

• Forum MVP

I find Dogfish to be garbage most of the time. I don't want my beers to be experimental, I want them to taste good. That being said the 90 min is a great beer. The chicory stout is ok too. I don't really like any beer anymore, especially not hoppy beers. These days if I drink a beer its either very dark or very light. The right wheat beer can work....love oatmeal/espresso stouts/porters, can only have one though.

• Forum MVP

Garbage, Really? I have never had anything other than (anything else from Dog fish) Dog Fish IPA....and I love them.

But I too go through my passions. Used to love Fat Tire, and the taste of it makes me puke now!!!

I stopped drinking for long long time-----after these last set of kids------I welcome a nice beer!!

Your talking to a ex Turkey guy that took drinking to a different level from a early age!!

Thank god, I got good genes that allow me to escape when I needed!!!!

Moving on-----Wheat beers in the hot sun, but the darks every other season. Your right they are heavy..... but full of good calories, so why even eat during the drinking day:}

i do always keep Kettle close for those----buzzed nights:}

Anyhow-----Samuel Smiths Oatmeals are my favorite of all time...and that has not changed for 25 years!!! I spent time in Yorkshire Brewrey before many Americans even knew about em!!! I think...or at least I like to think:}

Archived