Request for Show at the Pagaent in St. Louis

Muddy Waters

Not sure if it makes sense to do requests since I believe Rob makes set lists far in advance of Tours now these days but on the off chance.

Missoula 74

Dekalb 77

Any 78 Uptown Theater Show

August 21, 1980 Uptown..Great show with first set High Time and Second Set Drums Opener Into UJB

To the extent shows are set my Filler request with a major nod to the STL would be

Black Throated Wind>Around and Around>Black Muddy River

No disrespect but no Original Recipe please...

• Forum MVP

Not sure if it makes sense to do requests since I believe Rob makes set lists far in advance of Tours now these days but on the off chance.

Missoula 74

Dekalb 77

Any 78 Uptown Theater Show

August 21, 1980 Uptown..Great show with first set High Time and Second Set Drums Opener Into UJB

To the extent shows are set my Filler request with a major nod to the STL would be

Black Throated Wind>Around and Around>Black Muddy River

No disrespect but no Original Recipe please...

No disrespect but it will be my birthday and these are my choices in no particular order...

Springfield Mass. May 1978

Whatever Muddy Waters wants

Anything DSO chooses

Whatever Muddy Waters wants

Not exactly sure who you are, but I can confirm your'e not my ex-wife

I'm all in for Springfield Mass or anything else from 78...Saw the Dead 6 times that year when I was 16 Years Old..

Me likes to get in Sherman's way back machine and do some time traveling...Heady days those were..This is where Edmaster Web Posts a picture of Jerry Garcia at the Uptown in 78 :502:

See you at the Rock Show in the STL..Maybe Charles Berry will stop by!

St Louis shows always kick butt. Seen Rob(drummer) not that long ago at The Rock House sit in with Terrapin Flyer. Lineup was Rob,Melvin Seals, Jimmy Tebeau and Mark Karan. Wow was that a great show. The lovelight at the end that Karan did was really good with the pigpen stuff. Love the St Louis scene.

• Forum MVP

Not exactly sure who you are, but I can confirm your'e not my ex-wife

I'm all in for Springfield Mass or anything else from 78...Saw the Dead 6 times that year when I was 16 Years Old..

Me likes to get in Sherman's way back machine and do some time traveling...Heady days those were..This is where Edmaster Web Posts a picture of Jerry Garcia at the Uptown in 78 :502:

See you at the Rock Show in the STL..Maybe Charles Berry will stop by!

I am not anonymous...Joseph can point me out lol

5/3/77 my first show!! Hint hint. Mr Berry's Promised Land opens

• Forum MVP

Well the show Won't be accoustic since Bloomington will be. And last years was original set list so I'd expect something from the 80s or early 90s. Don't think they will go early 70s b/c the accoustic show night b4.

And btw they don't do requests :P. im going to guess 1989

• Forum MVP

I looooooove original setlists!!! I was blown away by the early 70s style original at the jubilee. I didnt realize they did original sets set in periods like that. I was just throwing out my prediction for St. Louis.

• Forum MVP

One thing i've learned from seeing DSO many times over the years is that you should never go into the show expecting something or not wanting something. They play a totally different show every night, if you can't make it to more than one show on a tour it is your own lack of devotion that should upset you, not what they choose to play. Don't get all butt-hurt from this post, it's nothing personal.

They play a totally different show every night, if you can't make it to more than one show on a tour it is your own lack of devotion that should upset you, not what they choose to play.

Ok all powerful Oz, I will bang a frying pan over my head multiple times in disgust for my utter lack of devotion and failure to make it to multiple shows on a particular tour. News flash I generally like 70's shows more than 80's shows and much prefer recreations to originals..and gosh darn it I like myself!! Oh and BTW I know this will shock you but kids, jobs, money, obligations preclude many, many people from hopping on the Tour. There are many peeps that see DSO once a year, and it's certainly one of the highlights. Does not make us less educated as it relates to DSO and The Dead community.

• Forum MVP

We all choose our own paths. I may someday choose a more stable profession and have to go to less shows, maybe not. I have no problem with getting minimal sleep after a show and going to work, its just one day. Guess what, I prefer 70's over other eras too, but wouldn't want them to play from that era more than they do. The variety is part of what makes DSO so great. Your response=being butt-hurt.

• Forum MVP

Ill likely be butt hurt after driving hundreds of miles and dancing 4 hours then driving 200 miles and dancing another 4 hours. Then driving.....

For some reason my body seemed to handle this all better in 1995. Hmmm. Makes no sense. The mysteries of the universe :P

• Forum MVP

One thing i've learned from seeing DSO many times over the years is that you should never go into the show expecting something or not wanting something. They play a totally different show every night, if you can't make it to more than one show on a tour it is your own lack of devotion that should upset you, not what they choose to play. Don't get all butt-hurt from this post, it's nothing personal.

Yup...and I got an acoustic Russian Lullaby last night. Today is my birthday and I'll request if I want to. See above.

Archived